- Facilitates the production of weekly, monthly, year-to-date and year-end financial reporting, including variance and trend analysis of results to budget, prior year and forecast.
- Facilitates monthly forecasting efforts and the annual budgeting process for all operational/functional units.
- Provides analytical support to all levels of management across operational/functional units; including ad-hoc reporting and problem solving.
- Performs financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts.
- Reports headcount, fleet management, and key performance indicators to support operations
- Perform all aspects of month end close for numerous cost centers
- Ensures financial compliance amongst cost centers
- Assist General Managers with finance and accounting needs.
- Assists in training/mentoring of location staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA/MBA preferred.
- Direct experience with month end close, budgeting, forecasting and various demonstrated financial analysis.
- Knowledge of full P&L’s and balance sheet accounts.
- Ability to handle multiple cost centers.
- 5 years financial planning and analysis experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel. Experience with Hyperion Planning and Smartview a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with all levels of management.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.