The Senior Financial Analyst- FMS Pricing will report to the Director of Finance. S/he will provide financial support for Ryder’s FMS Pricing and Sales organizations, directly supporting the SVP, FMS Operations, VP and CFO FMS Operations, and EVP Sales and Marketing. The Senior Financial Analyst will create and manage models to assist in Ryder’s product pricing, as well as provide data and analysis to assist senior leadership in the development of market strategy.
- Provide statistical, financial and analytical support to Ryder’s fleet of 145,000 ChoiceLease and 57,000 SelectCare vehicles
- Assist in the development of North America maintenance cost models that will be used for pricing analysis and market strategy
- Collaborate with the sales organization by collecting, organizing, and evaluating customer and market data to provide customer-oriented recommendations; arrive at conclusions and give recommendations to senior management on the information obtained
- Participate in the development of North America equipment residual values used for pricing analysis in setting depreciation policy, establishing prices for finance lease vehicles and benchmarking Ryder’s used vehicle sales pricing
- Collaborate in the development of statistical models for computing the company’s operating cost at the vehicle and component level (e.g. tires, engine, transmission, brakes, etc.), terminal value of the vehicle, terminal life of the vehicle (rental & lease), and the optimal holding period for the vehicle
- Assist in understanding the cost parameters of the FMS business model including labor, running costs and fixed costs among others
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Master’s degree MBA preferred
- Three (3) years or more experience in engineering, finance, or accounting
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking and highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow up practices
- Ability to:
- Interact with and influence senior management
- Derive innovative solutions with little direction
- Work cross functionally in order to achieve desired results
- Programming and/or relational database design/query, SQL (advanced level) preferred
- Microsoft Office (advanced level) preferred
Job Category: Financial Analysis
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.