While cruising paused worldwide, we laid the groundwork to take our brands to even greater success, with fresh perspectives and new ways of working. We’re looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to help lead our efforts, support business operators and Senior Management. The role will focus on supporting the plan and forecast, consolidating financial information, regular and ad-hoc reporting and analysis, interpreting financial information, identifying and highlighting trends in financial performance, conducting financial analysis, and making recommendations to support processes and profit improvement business operators. Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
Sr. Financial Analyst will work with teams across Holland America Group, with reporting offices in Santa Clarita, CA, and Seattle, WA, we’re looking for amazing humans across the country for this role. HA Group offers strong compensation and outstanding benefits including cruise travel.
- Support operations in development of yearly strategic and operational plans. Model financial impact of initiatives in strategic and operating plans. This includes alignment across brands ensuring consistency utilizing templates to obtain data.
- Prepare materials for Monthly Risks and Opportunities meeting with Brand President and other Executives
- Provide information, support and analysis on ad-hoc inquiries to meet departmental objectives.
- Support the continuous critical review and evaluation of departmental processes in an effort to streamline and automate, and make more efficient, the plan process.
- Embrace, promote, and develop a strong sense of teamwork, contribution and learning within the department.
- Adhere to and assist with the maintenance of adequate and proper internal accounting controls in coordination with HA Group Accounting.
- Assist with influencing business decisions by effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and modelling, and presentation of options and alternatives
- Perform special projects as required.
- Assist in the development of yearly strategic and operational plans, including modeling revenue and cost baselines and quantifying the financial impact of initiatives. Coordinate across Finance and Holland America Group brands to ensure consistency in modeling, templates, and presentation materials.
- Work independently to produce month-end and ad hoc reports, including ship-level P&Ls, accurately and on time.
- Collect, analyze, and manage financial data to provide impactful reporting and analysis to senior leadership.
- Perform variance analysis and isolate performance drivers including fleet deployment and exchange rate fluctuation.
- Assist in the preparation of various FP&A materials, including operating and strategic plan deliverables, board reports, and MD&A documents.
- Build and maintain relationships with Finance departments across Holland America Group and Carnival Corporation.
- Drive communication and meetings with internal and external departments, including our corporate office, for timely issue identification, resolution and communication to management.
- Prepare materials for monthly Risks and Opportunities meeting with Brand President and other executives.
- Provide information, support and analysis on ad hoc inquiries to meet departmental objectives.
- Conduct continuous evaluation of departmental processes to streamline and automate, and make more efficient, plan and month-end processes.
- Perform special projects, reporting, and analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- One to three years of Finance experience.
- Experience developing, evaluating and improving complex financial models and processes.
- Adept Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Exposure to Oracle, Hyperion, and/or other financial systems.
- Ability to prepare and present financial analyses to a non-finance audience.
- Ability to develop, communicate, and facilitate plan and forecast processes.
- MBA and/or CPA
- Three to five years of Finance experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Proficiency in financial software and systems including Oracle and Hyperion Planning.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact email@example.com .