Full Job Description
Mattress Firm is excited to announce the opening of our Senior Commercial Financial Analyst position! The Senior Commercial Financial Analyst participates in financial planning and analysis, and supports strategy development, allowing Mattress Firm leaders to make well-informed strategic decisions. This role is key in interpreting business situations to develop quality, timely, impactful financial analysis and effectively communicate the financial implications in a collaborative manner. The analyst will regularly interpret complex financial information and translate it into meaningful presentation materials, including graphs and charts.
- Conduct research, prepare analysis of financial data, and identify emerging financial trends to improve performance.
- Maintain and enhance existing financial models and build new models where needs arise, including the development of dashboards.
- Develop and maintain tools that can be used to quickly respond to key questions and changes.
- Provide data-driven point of views to steer strategy to meet company goals.
- Partner with our business partners in developing new strategies to improve company profitability.
- Identify business opportunities to drive and improve EBITDA.
- Develop actionable reporting for field leaders and business partners to improve performance.
- Complete special projects as requested by supervisor and/or Senior Management in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting Required. Master’s Degree or MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a financial role.
- Public accounting experience (Big 4) is desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required.
Technical and Other Skills
- Microsoft office products.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and financial modeling.
- Knowledge of OneStream is a plus.
- Strong ability to analyze complex data sets and make recommendations.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills with a high level of attention to detail.
Now don’t fall asleep out there… the sooner that we receive your application, the closer you are to the career of your dreams!
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Mattress Firm is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Mattress Firm is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.