OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Corporation is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) – Media & Broadcast to join the Digital & Technology Finance team based in Los Angeles, California. The Media & Broadcast Division provides support for live broadcast, media management, and content distribution of iconic brands, including the FOX Entertainment Network, FOX News Channel, FOX Business Network, FOX Television Stations, and FOX Sports from Broadcast Centers located in Los Angeles, CA and Phoenix, AZ.
Your primary responsibility for this role is to support all financial planning and analysis activities for including but not limited to forecasting and budgeting, cost tracking, performance analysis, and month-end close support. This is a highly visible and challenging position, rich in data analytics, providing key budget/forecast and actuals analysis to understand the Media & Broadcast Division financial performance. The analysis produced is key to the management team’s decision-making and interpretation of financial results.
You will be stepping into a critical position and be responsible for the preparation of key monthly financial reporting, ad hoc analysis during major planning cycles, tracking of KPIs, and creating dashboards and tools to review operational performance and initiatives. We are looking for a motivated and career-oriented team member with a proactive approach and strong analytical, Excel, and database management skills.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish a deep understanding of the business and leverage data to build insights
- Assist in the preparation of Forecasts and Budgets
- Collaborate and partner with Operations and Accounting to ensure timely submission of deliverables
- Support the design and preparation of Management Reporting Packages and Presentations and perform variance analysis providing a clear understanding of operational and financial performance
- Assist with the monthly variance analysis of financial results, including reviewing with business partners to ensure understanding of the drivers and operational impacts
- Actively work with operations and other finance team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning process, assumptions, and results
- Create and maintain trackers for key operational drivers and Operational Expenses such as Licenses, Contractors, Headcount among others, and execute financial performance reporting and analysis for critical projects
- Partner with Finance Operations and Asset Management teams in the creation and management of Purchase Orders and Capital Requests, Prepaid Schedules, etc. to guarantee properly accounting treatment, correct coding, as well as, compliance and alignment between actuals and forecast/budget approach
- Support month-end close activities to enhance the accuracy and ensure timely delivery of financial results
- Help develop reporting tools, reviews, analyzes and cost tracking systems, as well as, perform ad hoc financial analysis to evaluate the operation and business initiatives
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or another highly analytical/quantitative discipline preferred
- MBA and/or relevant professional accreditation a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years overall work experience ideally with proven experience in FP&A and month-end close activities (accounting knowledge required)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and the aptitude to communicate with all levels of management
- Significant analytical and financial modeling experience and, data mining knowledge
- Exceptionally advanced proficiency in Excel including database management and query design (SQL and other coding skills are nice to have) and working knowledge of Financial Systems i.e. JDE/Hubble/Workday financials
- Experience operating successfully and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, results and customer service-oriented environment
- Familiarity with working in or with large and complex organizations
- Passionate about using your financial knowledge and analytical skills to navigate complex challenges
- Humble team player who understands the importance of the role and has a highly collaborative and team-oriented work style
- Proactive with strong work ethics, seeking additional responsibility at all times who possesses attention to detail
- Positive attitude and solutions-oriented approach and the ability to develop strong relationships with others and communicate effectively
- Extremely organized with the ability to prioritize activities, manage timelines, and deal effectively with pressure and show deep intellectual curiosity
- The ability to work with minimal direction and take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.