Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Deerfield, IL
Date: April 2021
Since 1979, Meridian has guided customers in transforming the technology tools and resources they already have into undeniable business value. We do more than help our customers simply buy technology; at Meridian, we partner with our customers to adopt technology to enable their business strategy and growth. Meridian helps maximize the value of technology investments with our technology adoption experts and their 3000+ certifications, flexible consumption and deployment models, contract and service management, global service and support, and custom finance options. To find out more about Meridian go to our website at themeridian.com.
Meridian Group International a Global mid-sized ($500M-$1B) Technology and Financial Services company based in Deerfield, IL is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that has strong technical, management, and communication skills along with a strong desire to perform as an advisor and partner with the Chief Financial Officer and executive team, in order to create value across all Global lines of business. The right candidate will have demonstrated a strong analytical mind, and an ability to effectively communicate with financial and non-financially minded leaders to support the Company’s attainment of long-term strategic and annual operational goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides Senior Leadership across the organization with insightful and impactful analysis and reporting, helping drive company-wide growth and improved efficiency.
- Supports the CFO with reporting and analytics to improve management and oversight of credit, treasury, collections and tax functions.
- Works closely with the CFO and Controller to improve monthly reporting processes and presentations to lenders, the Board, Business Unit leaders and other internal management groups.
- Manages financial modeling function to support investment decisions, corporate finance functions, and potential M&A evaluation.
- Works with cross functional teams of internal programmers, Business Unit sales and operations management and finance and accounting members to develop internal reports and dashboard to improve KPI visibility and timely data generation needed to optimize decision making processes.
- Generates various weekly, monthly and custom reports and analysis to support various initiatives and management decisions.
- Works closely with IT and Operational Accounting teams to improve data management and reporting functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (MBA Preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Analysis, Investment Banking or similar experience.
- Superb financial analysis and modeling skills and overall business acumen
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively communicate with Executive Management.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of business operations and familiarity with ERP, CRM and other operating and management systems (Epicor, Salesforce, MS Dynamics and LeaseWave preferred)
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites
Meridian Group International, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training