MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ: MVIS), a leader in MEMS based solid state automotive lidar for advanced driver safety (ADAS) and autonomous driving sensor and micro-display technology for augmented reality is the pioneer and creator of PicoP® scanning technology, an ultra-miniature laser projection and sensing solution based on the laser beam scanning methodology. The technology is well suited to support a wide array of applications including interactive projection, robotics, and industrial applications, and Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR). MicroVision is an independently recognized leader for its formidable intellectual property portfolio. The company is based in Redmond, Washington.
MicroVision has an immediate opportunity for Sr. Financial Analyst. As a key member of the Finance team team, you will work directly with the Corporate Controller, CFO, and other members of management. This position is at our Redmond, WA facility. You will be responsible for budgets, forecasts, supporting SEC reporting, producing management reports and performing analyses to help the Company make decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design & implement; and accurately produce & analyze – budgetary, forecast, cash flow and other financial reports including standard periodic reports and ad hoc analyses.
- Manage the budget and forecasting process to produce the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Support the Company’s SEC reporting.
- Complete the more complex analyses required of the Finance Group, especially those requiring evaluation and judgment of non-concrete conditions.
- Scope, plan, prioritize and perform duties with a minimum of supervision.
- Help drive process and control improvements within the Company.
- Summarize data into easy-to-use decision support information and make recommendations to management applying knowledge of Company strategies and situations.
- Serve as the financial consultant to, VP’s and other managers to satisfy their financial reporting and analysis needs.
- Identify reporting, analyses and related process improvements needed by the Finance Group and Company, then take a lead role satisfying those needs.
- Seek to learn new skills with data, people, and systems in situations of uncertainty.
- Compliance with company code of conduct and all applicable laws, regulations, rules and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years of experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work effectively with other team members at all levels of the organization.
- Financial analysis and modeling beyond standard actual vs. budget and trend analyses. Examples include, ROI, IRR, make or buy, warranty cost estimates, price/volume variances, etc.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills, especially Excel.
- Understanding of accounting transaction flows sufficient to complete duties and support design and implementation of accounting and control processes
- Able to work in dynamic environment with time constraints
- Effectively presents and shares ideas (verbally, visually, and/or in writing) as needed.
- Keeps key stakeholders informed of status and progress of action items.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- MBA a strong plus.
MicroVision is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. MicroVision is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation in completing the application, attending and/or participating in an interview or in taking any test required for employment.