There’s more to EyeMed than meets the eye. EyeMed is the fastest growing managed vision benefits company in the country with consistent double-digit membership growth! Through our commitment to innovation, we’re reimagining the way employers and their employees think about vision care. We want them to see life to the fullest and experience more of what’s best, not more of the same. And if what’s best hasn’t been done yet, it’s our exceptional and passionate employees driving this change. But, our passion for vision isn’t just about vision insurance benefits. Our employees are proud to support and participate in life-altering global and local missions through our partnership with OneSight, a leading not-for-profit organization with a 100% focus on eradicating the world’s vision crisis.
Your family says a lot about who you are. EyeMed is a key member of the Luxottica family of companies, global leaders in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. In North America, Luxottica is the home to global brands Ray-Ban, Oakley and many top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, and Target Optical.
If you’re passionate about driving innovation and change and interested in a career in the optical and insurance industry, EyeMed wants to start the conversation and help provide you a growth-focused opportunity with America’s fastest growing vision benefits company.
Develops the underwriting and pricing for our prospective clients and renewals. Supports Pricing department’s strategic initiatives and research and development of advanced pricing methodologies. Evaluates financial and regulatory risk of prospective and existing customers and makes underwriting and pricing decisions that best manage this risk in alignment with corporate strategies and objectives
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the timely completion of all deal modeling and underwriting related to EyeMed’s financial pricing, presents clear and concise conclusions appropriate for executive review.
- Collaborates with Sales and Account Management around deal management, price modeling, pricing/underwriting training
- Partners with their manager and other EyeMed leadership on new projects.
- Develops and generates regular new business and retention analysis and reporting.
- Supports EyeMed Finance Dept. with ad hoc financial analyses and project work as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of analytical work in financial services or insurance
- Solid grasp and knowledge of mathematics, statistics, probability and principles of finance to apply to business problems for area of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which enable effective and on-going communication with individuals of varying skill levels and across functional lines.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel with a working knowledge or ability to learn data analysis in various other applications
- 5 or more years’ experience with Insurance product management, pricing, or underwriting
- 2 or more years’ experience working with executive Leadership, especially Finance, Product Development, Account Management and Sales
- Thinks strategically and analytically with all respects to financial analysis
- Draws logical conclusions based on a clear grasp of the information and interrelationships between issues
- Effectively demonstrates and applies financial concepts with a complete and thorough understanding of EyeMed products, associated benefits, reimbursements and related financial reporting.
- Expertise with statistical software and statistical analysis (like SAS or R, for example), and advanced spreadsheet techniques
- Possesses a strong attention to detail, able to easily recognize missing or inaccurate information