If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the management in a department. The Senior Financial Analyst will lead processes to include the development of planning, evaluation and assessment of corporate initiatives and analysis and proposal of strategic alternatives to enhance Ryder’s market position, provide actionable competitive analysis and insights to feed strategy development and facilitate tactical decision-making, periodic and ad hoc analysis and reporting, provide on-going business analysis to develop recommendations for alternative scenarios surrounding profit improvement and shareholder value creation.
- The financial and analytical support includes, but is not limited to: Management and development of key monthly reports, Manage and perform activities related to the monthly close process
- Develop forecasts and annual plan for the cost centers
- Provide financial and analytical support for projects requested by Senior Management
- Support FFM on monthly financial close process, to include: Prepare invoices, journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.
- Review of P and Ls to ensure appropriate accounting at the location level
- Analysis of monthly and YTD operations performance to explain budget, forecast and prior year variances
- Support the FFM in recurring financial reporting, including: Forecasting, Business Plan development, A/R collections, Work as a liaison between vendors and shared service center to resolve payables issues,
- Perform ad hoc analysis, metric reporting to include: Tracking of margin improvement initiatives, Completion of monthly operating scorecard, Analytical support for executive level presentations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of financial concepts and principles such as operating margin, EBT, cash flow, balance sheet, cost of capital, depreciation, ROE, etc
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to present information and ideas clearly and understandably to others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to derive innovative solutions with little direction
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Excel such as working with formulas, data tables, pivot Charts, queries, custom functions, data management, analysis, and developing financial reports
- Bachelor’s degree required Accounting, Finance or related field
- Master’s degree preferred MBA
- Four (4) years or more Accounting and/or Finance experience required
- Four (4) years or more Transportation, Logistics, or equivalent industry preferred
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.