Handles accounting, financial analysis and reporting, and budgeting for corporate office as well as consolidation of plant locations. Ensures all activities are completed in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and income tax law provisions. Demonstrates Spartan’s core operating values through work activities, actions and behaviors.
- Prepares the monthly reporting package for management, executive leaders and board members. Package includes financial results, key performance metrics and other key information.
- Participates in the monthly and year-end closing process, primarily for the Corporate location but including the consolidation process.
- Develops quarterly forecasts, including 13 week cash projections and variance analysis. In addition, coordinates annual budget process.
- Prepares and analyzes various standard reports such as Profitability by Customer and Profit reports.
- Researches and resolves general accounting problems and handles requests for accounting information, ensuring accurate and prompt responses.
- Performs ad hoc financial analysis varying in complexity as requested by management.
- Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, vendors and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent and 5+ years accounting experience
- MBA/CPA License or Public Accounting experience is a plus
- Manufacturing or cost accounting experience