As a Senior Financial Analyst in Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED), you will help shape Disney’s future in the company’s newest and most dynamic segment. Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
The DMED segment is seeking a Senior Analyst who has the ability to take data and translate it into sound business recommendations that enable the businesses to make nimble, actionable decisions. This person will partner with the DMED segment consolidation leadership team and LOB Operational and Finance teams to deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals of the business. The Senior Analyst will support the consolidation of segment results and be expected to recognize opportunities across segment businesses. In addition, she/he will partner with stakeholders across The Walt Disney Company to drive operational plans and analyses.
The ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the Company will be critical to success. A successful candidate will have a deep understanding of finance and media, and leverage this knowledge to identify new opportunities to drive growth.
Every single day as a Senior Financial Analyst is different! On any one day you might:
- Prepare management reporting and provide analysis for different audiences including senior executive management to help inform decision making
- Support coordination and preparation of forecasts, Annual Operating Plans and Five Year Plans, including cause of change and KPI analysis
- Engage in ad-hoc analysis, including special projects at the request of senior management
- Develop, enhance, update and/or maintain financial planning models
- Work with key stakeholders, operating groups and finance team members to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the financial planning process, assumptions and results
- Interact with internal and external business partners to remain informed of business challenges and issues that affect our business, including investigating new forecasting and business methodologies
- Create engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- 3+ years of finance-related work experience, preferably with a media/entertainment, technology, or start up environment preferred
- Proficient/Expert level in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Cognos/TM1 or a similar financial planning system
- Executive presence and ability to interact with senior executives
- Ability to prioritize projects, handle tight deadlines, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent relationship building skills and customer-focused
- Strong attention to detail and strong problem solving, project management, and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive and possess a hands-on, collaborative working style
- Takes initiative and learns quickly
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP/Accounting Principles
- International experience is a plus
- High proficiency in SAP and/or COGNOS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Accounting
- CPA certification or MBA preferred