GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for the preparation, coordination, and documentation of financial analysis projects such as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, and working capital, compensation calculations that are contact based and assist in month end variance analysis and close. Provides analysis for forward-looking financial and business-related projects including preparation of ROI. Prepares forecasts and analysis of trends in services offered, finance, general business conditions, compensation calculations and M&A business analysis.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Director of Finance/Controller
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting processes with all departments
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of location level profit and loss statements
- Work with Business Intelligence team to issue monthly department level dashboards and reporting
- Model facility leases and closures/consolidations
- Prepare weekly cash forecast reporting
- Model new or changing payer contracts
- Responsible for managing large scale compensation changes
- Responsible for supporting the development and ongoing administration of physician’s compensation calculations, ensuring alignment with individual provider contracts, managing expense stipends, and ensuing CME allowances are captured timely.
- Responsible for managing the capital expenditure request process
- Prepare ROI calculations
- Prepare M&A multiyear synergies model and other business analytics as assigned
- Analyze financial and operational performance to identify trends, opportunities, and risks
- Create and provide value added analysis, presentations, department level dashboards and recommendations for key metrics for the practices
- Actively provide financial and analytical support to the Controller
- Assist in the development and preparation of the annual budget and long range plans for the practice
- Perform other related duties as required.
- REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Economics required, MBA preferred. 5 years minimum of experience required performing financial analysis, compensation calculations and analysis, evaluating trends and patterns in business results, and creating financial performance models/estimates preferred. Competency with most common software programs; strong knowledge of Excel and ability to work with Pivot tables and other advanced excel functions; excellent interpersonal skills; exceptional problem-solving skills; ability to travel up to 5%
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Senior Financial Analyst must be able to:
- To work with minimal supervision, establish priorities, and manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Research and analyze compensation calculations, contractual stipends and related compensation components for physicians
- Be commitment to accuracy and integrity of the financial statements and to deadlines
- Must have the ability to communicate with co-workers, executives, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment; travel up to 5% locally and domestic travel