Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with passion for improving healthcare and doing the right thing for Athena. The Senior Associate of Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for analyzing and understanding the results of the company from both a financial and operational perspective. This person will be responsible for the financial planning and analysis of critical areas of the business and will serve as a business partner to members of the executive and leadership teams. He/She will help develop and maintain a metrics-driven infrastructure to help drive profitability as well as support the continuing growth of the business. He/She will also be responsible for providing critical insights on matters of growth, corporate development and other strategic initiatives.
- Management of the annual budget and monthly forecasts for key budget owners.
- Monthly reporting and analysis of company results from both a financial and operational perspective for the executive team and business partners.
- Preparation and review of monthly and quarterly variance analysis and key metrics.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management reporting package for executive and leadership teams.
- Develop and/or assist in the creation or improvement of various financial and capacity models for product lines, costs centers and/or companies.
- Management and analysis of key drivers of unit cost (actual results versus budget/forecast).
- Provide business owners and senior leaders with financial analysis to drive decision making including project costing, profitability and productivity analysis and return on investment.
- Become proficient in the use of the companies’ budgeting, forecasting, scorecard and reporting software TM1/Anaplan
- Become proficient in the use of the company’s current general ledger Oracle.
- Maintenance of list of key areas of business risk and concern, to help prioritize additional analysis, to guide senior management discussion about the business and to develop cross-functional projects to mitigate risk.
- Other duties as assigned
- Three to five years of progressive financial planning & analysis experience
- Exceptional financial analysis background, advanced modeling skills, strong business communication skills
- Bachelors’ degree in related field (MBA a plus)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting.
- Financial modeling experience preferred.
- Excellent MS Excel and report writing skills (Anaplan a plus).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interface with people at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations.
- Willingness and ability to work extra hours if necessary.
- Previous work in a high-growth, high-tech company is a plus.
Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices – just to name a few.
athenahealth is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that’s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We’re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at
email@example.com for assistance.