At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will contribute to examining and analyzing capital markets and treasury processes, and assess the risks and adequacy of the control environment.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Senior Internal Auditor in our Capital Markets business role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
Collaborate with business partners to assess the process risks and controls
Work closely with team members to develop strategies and methodologies to assess design of the controls and operating effectiveness.
Develop conclusions based on outcome of work and data to provide recommendations and support business partners in achieving their objectives.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 2 years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- MS and/or MBA, preferred
- Educational focus on finance, accounting, and/or business administration
- Professional certification, such as CPA, CIA, CIDA, FRM, PRM, CFA, preferred
- Demonstrate an understanding of the audit process (planning, fieldwork, and reporting)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Money Markets: Agency Securities, Treasury Bills, Repurchase Agreements, Fed Funds
- Demonstrate an understanding of Capital Market Classification, Primary Market, Secondary Market
- Demonstrate an understanding of Fixed Income Securities: Treasury Bond, Agency Bonds, Mortgage Backed Securities, Corporate Bonds, Zero Coupons Bonds, Municipal Bonds, Asset backed Securities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the derivatives instruments (Swaps, Forwards, Futures, Options), categories (Option and forward type contracts), Exchange Traded and Over the Counter
- Demonstrate an understanding of hedging theory (hedge constructing, long vs short) and related strategies to manage risks
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Mortgage Pass Through Securities including related risks such as negative convexity, Yield Uncertainty, prepayment speed estimates
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Structured Finance, such as Credit Risk Transfer (CAS, CIRT), Collateralized Mortgage Obligations (CMO): CMO Structure, CMO Classes (PAC Bonds, TAC Bonds, MBS Strips)
- Demonstrate an understanding of Risk Management (Liquidity Risk Management, Interest Rate Risk Management), Performance Reporting, Asset and Liability Management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and Trading Infrastructure including but not limited to trading function, portfolio management, trade settlement.
- The group of skills related to Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- The group of skills related to Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- The group of skills related to Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Expertise in using statistical methods, including: developing and testing hypotheses, using experimental design, and running linear and logistic regressions
- The group of skills related to Information Retrieval including fact gathering, conducting focus groups and interviews, designing surveys, etc.
- The group of skills related to Governance and Compliance including creating policies, evaluating compliance, conducting internal investigations, developing data governance, etc.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- The group of skills related to Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making.
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Experience using Microsoft Planner
- Skilled in TeamMate for audit solutions
- Skilled in Visio
- Skilled in Microsoft Teams
- Experience using SharePoint
- Skilled in using Adobe Acrobat including Adobe Pro, Acrobat Reader, Acrobat, and Acrobat.com
- Experience using RiskWorks
- Skilled in Excel
Requisition ID: REF5960S
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.