HealthEco is an investment and strategic advisory firm partnered with leading US health systems to produce effective growth strategies that scale across the healthcare ecosystem. Our team operates in a fast-paced environment alongside the nation’s top health system executives and corporate development arms to build, commercialize, and invest in businesses that deliver tangible financial impact. We act as extensions of their team to provide market analysis and critical insights throughout the portfolio lifecycle, including but not limited to deal sourcing and evaluation, management team recruiting, and commercial launch programming.
This is a rare opportunity to work with the HealthEco team. We are seeking an inquisitive, detail-oriented, highly motivated post-MBA Senior Investment Associate with a background in healthcare, economics, and/or finance who can join our team as we accelerate our clients’ financial growth efforts.
An exciting and diverse position, the Senior Investment Associate is based out of our Denver, CO office, supporting the Managing Partners in the end-to-end process of evaluating portfolio transactions. This is a role with significant responsibilities and requires an organized individual capable of understanding, contextualizing, and tracking the myriad details required to evaluate new investments or business opportunities. The profile of a successful candidate is an action-oriented person who seeks to be challenged and stretched through time-sensitive, short-term and longer-term projects. Applicants should be comfortable with ambiguity, high-levels of complexity, and requirements for rapid adaptation while maintaining the broader context of the initiative.
We seek a resourceful and creative self-starter who enjoys working in team-based environments and can also thrive with significant autonomy. They exhibit a confident, humble attitude complimented by high personal energy, and will enjoy our flexible, entrepreneurial culture while resiliently taking on anything that comes your way.
Joining our team will allow you to shape the future of the healthcare landscape on a national scale but work alongside a close community of entrepreneurs, investors, and healthcare leaders providing the platform to:
- Grow and expand your professional experience with a national network of healthcare resources.
- Gain exposure at the highest levels of executive leadership to help drive long-term strategic investments and venture creation.
- Experience a collaborative, respectful, and exciting team culture with a shared vision for driving impact in healthcare.
Primary areas of focus include market research, diligence/underwriting of investment opportunities, portfolio analysis, drafting thought leadership pieces, and building/maintaining our internal knowledge management infrastructure.
Diligence & Portfolio Management:
- Conduct due diligence on new market opportunities. Prepare and maintain documentation on potential investments and existing portfolio companies, including the development of investment memos.
- Evaluate deals by interviewing and meeting virtually and in-person with target companies’ executives, industry experts, and references. Engage appropriate stakeholders, develop and validate research questions, collect and synthesize relevant data, develop other diligence insights, and create recommendations concerning proposed portfolio companies and client initiatives.
- Utilize data platforms including, but not limited to, CB Insights and Pitchbook, and proprietary information to develop assessments, competitive landscape analyses, intellectual property summaries, technology & product validations, and customer interviews in support of decisions on new business initiatives, products, services, or partnerships.
- Conduct background checks on each target portfolio company’s current or prospective management team members.
- Perform valuation analysis, create financial models, and assemble related client-facing materials.
- Summarize meeting notes and other documentation in Salesforce.com CRM and other HealthEco record-keeping or knowledge management systems.
- Set-up and maintain portfolio company and client-facing data rooms.
Market Trends Analysis & Topical Research:
- Conduct broad market and targeted analysis including investment-specific diligence, market analysis, assumption validation, financial modeling, and primary and secondary research.
- Thoroughly investigate market themes and strategic initiatives by talking to leaders at relevant companies, identifying and engaging with domain experts, performing market and competitive analyses, testing assumptions, and providing synthesized findings and recommendations for HealthEco team leadership and HealthEco clients.
- Monitor and disseminate developments and trends in healthcare and conduct research on areas of emerging importance to members of the HealthEco team and HealthEco clients.
- Present topical research and market assessments and identify and prioritize the resulting strategic opportunities.
- Perform deep quantitative and qualitative analysis to support original HealthEco research and content development.
- Research and draft thought leadership products on all aspects of strategic opportunities and contribute to content produced by the HealthEco team
- Help develop position papers, white papers, and case studies on relevant market trends and portfolio companies.
- May include other responsibilities as assigned.
- MBA or equivalent from a top business school. Healthcare industry or domain knowledge strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ work experience at a premier investment bank, VC/PE firm, financial institution, asset manager, professional services/consulting firm, startup or related area.
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated. Strong personal management skills and self-reliant in determining the best pathway to complete projects.
- Excellent communication, narrative writing, and presentation skills. Skilled with word-processing, Microsoft and Google Workspace tool set (i.e Google Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.), and other computer facility.
- Strong experience in developing market intelligence strategies, research questions or hypotheses, gathering and synthesizing data, drawing meaningful insights, and providing actionable recommendations.
- Previous work in analyzing market opportunities and conducting company due diligence, leveraging private equity and venture capital funding or other financial data, merger and acquisition activity, earnings transcripts, patents, and social media data.
- Solid data analysis and visualization skills, comfort with databases like CB Insights, Pitchbook, Crunchbase, etc. and strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong organizational and project scoping and management skills, ability to multi-task and manage details while staying centered on the purpose of projects.
- Availability to travel, as needed, approximately 25-50% of the time.
- Must be able to travel by automobile (valid driver’s license required), public transit or ground transportation, and commercial airlines (TSA pre-check eligibility required).
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, interviews, and working at a computer workstation.
- Located in Denver, CO, with intermittent remote work flexibility
- Competitive base salary plus bonus
- Competitive benefits including health care, dental, & vision.
- PTO is unlimited
- At this time, we are unfortunately unable to consider candidates who require visa sponsorship.
HealthEco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.