ABOUT BANANA REPUBLIC
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position owns the market-level (US, Canada & Japan support) analysis for sales, margin, and inventory for Global Banana Republic Factory. The Company Planning Senior Manager will apply traditional finance and planning skills while developing a high-level perspective of Banana Republic’s business operations. Work collaboratively with members across the organization (Inventory Management, Marketing, Real Estate, Field, Customer, etc.) to develop and communicate a concise point of view on BR’s business that will maximize both sales and gross margin dollars for the company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop sales, margin, and inventory forecasts that incorporate current business trends and business strategies (MD, flows, product, marketing, field) to inform Banana Republic and Gap Inc. executives of business expectations. Quantify and articulate risk and opportunity to achieving forecasts.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan and forecast in-season sales/margins/inventory on a weekly, monthly and quarterly and ad hoc basis; analyze financial performance to pre-season strategies and recommend strategic shifts as needed.
- Develop detailed annual budgets and quarterly plan targets (monthly sales, margin and inventory plans) that support the strategic direction of the company.
- Responsible for completion, submission, and accuracy of monthly corporate forecast.
- Ensure Inventory Management teams build inventory plans that support the budget through clear communication of budgets and detailed reviews of plans.
- Provide hindsight recaps (season, quarter, events, etc) that clearly articulate highlights and learnings in order to influence future business strategies.
- Prepare insightful presentations for senior management to concisely summarize performance and go-forward strategies.
- Develop and maintain cross-divisional relationships with key business partners in order to attain alignment on strategic initiatives to maximize profit potential
- Create ad hoc analysis that provides additional insight into business trends/performance (that helps inform future forecasts and plans).
- Work with IT to identify and resolve system and or data discrepancies.
- Manage and develop two direct reports.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelors degree required; MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of financial and business analysis. Inventory management experience a plus.
- 2-3 years of experience supervising others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build strong partnerships and influence others.
- Excellent analytical application skills (Excel, etc.) and desire to master new systems; productivity application skills (PowerPoint, Word); and Financial system experience (Essbase, etc)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to drive results and formulate business strategy.
- Team player with a positive attitude
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
BENEFITS AT BANANA REPUBLIC
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.