The North America Operating Unit (NAOU) Senior Marketing Research Manager, as a part of the Global Platform Services Marketing Data team, will work closely with the NAOU to develop our next generation data strategy diagnostics and protocols and lead our OU and agency partners towards it.
What You’ll Do for Us:
- Strong partnership with North America (NA) and Global Human Insights, as well as other teams (e.g., category marketing, marketing performance, commercial) to deliver business results based on industry leading research studies and methodologies.
- Strong partnership with Platform Services Data & Analytics teams to achieve optimal synergies between advanced analytics and marketing research, delivering a service that the business requires while fully leveraging all existing research/data assets
- Overall thought leadership and management of the foundational research platforms as a unified knowledge asset. Includes ensuring that overall business needs are being met at the appropriate level investment while also delivering effective vendor management support where needed.
- Support management of all steps in developing, maintaining, and enhancing large scale consumer tracking studies from gathering of insight objectives, sample design, questionnaire development, supplier management, analysis plan development to platform rollout and training.
- Support the relationship with current data suppliers, partnering with Operating Units and Global Platform Services teams, guaranteeing optimal service delivery and enhancement of identified marketing consumer diagnostics and protocols.
- Be a partner to Marketing Platform Services Analytics team, Platform Services Data and Technology teams, OU Human & Commercial Insights teams, OU Strategy and Category partners.
- Work with the above to assess diagnostics and foundational protocol needs. Support development and maintenance of required diagnostics and foundational protocols at the local OU and global level.
- Sync North America Operating Unit with Global Team standards and ways of working including protocol alignment.
Input into the shaping of protocols to deliver the best consumer data landscape for the whole Coca-Cola Company system, effectively promoting innovation, data scalability and standardization.
- Support agencies in running trainings of North America OU associates on datasets, access, independent analysis, and interpretation of diagnostics and protocols.
- Promote the data to ensure it is embraced and used appropriately to produce excellent business outcomes.
- Define data delivery requirements, ingestion, cleaning, metric construction, data harmonization (GTC) and warehousing so that data is consistent, comparable, and accurate across our foundational protocol consumer information base.
- North America Foundational Protocol Budget Management including Budget/ PO/ SOW management. Working with the OU and Platform Services Procurement and Finance teams to ensure finance process adherence.
- Working with our core providers across Consumer Performance to ensure quality questionnaire/stimulus translation including Brand/Attribute/Module Updates/Sampling design
- Data quality investigation (sample design, universe update, ad hoc research to validate, etc.)
- Define and project manage standard protocols in the Consumer Tracking/Landscape for the OU
- North America OU point of contact for Global Platform Services Marketing Consumer Data Diagnostics and Protocols Team
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience with marketing research expertise required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or Advanced Degree preferred
- CPG/FMCG research experience preferred.
- Experience working across teams and geographies in a complex, global environment leading or leveraging teams of internal and external resources required.
- Experience in a global role preferred. Ideally needs to have worked in roles that have developed both strategic and operations capability.
- Marketing Research Skills: In-depth knowledge of sampling methods and proven ability to design and manage large, ongoing, research platforms.
o Analytic Skills: Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data to identify patterns, opportunities, and gaps, and integrate across disparate data sources to solve business problems.
§ Knowledge of analytic techniques such as Cluster Analysis, Factor Analysis, Segmentation Techniques, and Statistical Testing.
o Custom Marketing Research Capability: Ability to develop and direct custom research projects; ability to explain and interpret data in a way that is meaningful to business needs.
o Research Knowledge: Knowledge of industry and customer research resources (e.g., Nielsen, Spectra, CREST, etc.) and a basic knowledge of methods for gathering information (i.e., survey techniques). Knowledge of KO proprietary studies a plus.
Presentation Skills: Proven presentation skills to convey insights and training material.
Communication Skills: Ability to communicate complex information and implications both verbally- in interactions with senior leaders, and in written presentations utilizing “storytelling techniques” to communicate a clear, compelling, and cohesive story.
Network/Resources and Cross Functional Relationships: Ability to develop diverse network/resources to leverage “best in class” knowledge, approaches, and processes. Must be able to lead teams of internal and external resources strategically and operationally
Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and handle conflicting priorities.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook is required. Experience with and working knowledge of statistics packages (R, SPSS, Python, SAS, etc.) and data manipulation (SQL, etc.) is a big plus
What We Can Do for You:
- Iconic & Innovative Brands: Our portfolio represents over 250 products with some of the most popular brands in the world, including Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta & Topo Chico.
- Expansive & Diverse Customers: We work with a diversified group of customers which range from retail & grocery outlets, theme parks, movie theatres, restaurants.
Media Planning; Consumer Trends; Consumer Segmentation; Competitive Assessments; Quantitative Research; Digital Media Strategy; Channels Strategy; Project Management; Market Research; Influencing Decisions; Microsoft Office; Brand Positioning; Social Media Strategies; Communication; Analytical Techniques; Problem Solving; Syndicated Research; Brand Storytelling; Retail Marketing Strategy; Channel Management
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws