Make banking a Fifth Third better®
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Acts independently within established investment policy guidelines to develop, recommend, and execute investment programs designed to achieve the objectives of medium to large client accounts. Primary functions include investment management, client service and support of new business efforts. May assist Senior Portfolio Managers with major accounts.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with client advisors, participate in the development of new business opportunities by meeting with prospects, preparing and presenting proposals for investment management.
- Develop satisfied clients through frequent contact, for mid to large portfolios/relationships.
- Regularly engage with other members of the Client Team and external advisors to ensure effective communication regarding Client Engagement Model.
- Reflects the intentions of the trust or agency agreement and build investment strategies to accomplish those objectives.
- Consult with clients and advisors to develop investment objectives and implement a suitable investment plan and maintain an Investment Policy Statement for each relationship.
- Invest assets according to investment policy guidelines to deliver upon client’s goals and expectations.
- Mentor and advise Portfolio Managers with less industry experience.
- Maintain awareness of new investment strategies, techniques and products through regular contact with other industry professionals and through internal and external research.
- Keep informed of market trends and analyze the effect of these trends on client’s investment portfolios.
- Keep current on the legal and tax issues with respect to investment decisions by consulting attorneys, accountants and other resources as needed.
- Follow established investment policies and procedures including annual account reviews and working to minimize and/or document exceptions.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES REQUIRED:
- BS/BA is required. Business Administration, Finance, Economics is preferred; successful candidate is likely to have an advanced degree, such as an MBA or CFA.
- Experienced operating in an environment that stresses both individual accountability and team-based performance.
- Generally, the incumbent should have 5 or more years experience involving money management.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal negotiation, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Uses effective problem solving and analytical skills.
Senior Portfolio Manager
LOCATION — Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.