Senior Program Manager
The Customer Experience Platform team builds and maintains shared implementations of common technical, business, and design components across Expedia Group. Areas of focus include Global Navigation shared components, and iOS and Android shared components.
We build the tools our developers need to create engaging experiences for our customers on the web and on mobile devices. Our work cuts across many areas, from UI components to native app SDKs to DevOps pipelines. Our projects are often critical to Expedia Group’s strategic goals and require work between multiple teams and partners. We need a strong program manager to help prioritize, plan, and align our programs and results.
What you’ll do:
- You will identify appropriate agile engineering practices and mentor others in applying process to software development projects.
- You will coordinate timelines and dependencies across projects, identifying shared needs and evaluating the progress of projects and adjusting (e.g., to task order or timeline) to keep the project on track.
- You will partner with the business to understand and ensure connection to overarching strategy and program and ensures company-wide critical initiatives are prioritized.
- You will develop product phase-out planning in-line with the product roadmap; determine different phase milestones and priorities.
- You will establish working relationships with partners and build rapport to become a trusted advisor.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related Technical field; or MBA or Equivalent related professional experience.
- 3+ years of Program Management or related experience in a forward-thinking, fast paced team environment
- Positive energy and excellent leadership skills with the ability to influence across the organization. Ability to push back or challenge partners in the organization while maintaining phenomenal relationships.
- Demonstrates a critical understanding of business processes and challenges to recommend and develop solutions to meet unique business needs and achieve objectives.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognises our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognise the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.