Full Job Description
Responsible for providing primary support for one of three Treasury functions which includes: Investment Management, Debt Management, and Cash Operations. Utilizes a variety of analytic and strategic corporate finance concepts and displays well-developed interpersonal and communication skills. This rotational position can provide proven candidates the opportunity to rotate through three functional areas over time.
The centralized investment program totals over $8 billion in cash and a variety of investment instruments. Responsible for supporting the various investment programs, which includes the analysis and evaluation of key financial data related to investment risk and performance.
The centralized debt program totals over $3 billion in bonds and includes short- and long-term debt. Responsible for all aspects of the administration of the debt program, including providing support for new bond issuances and ongoing bond compliance monitoring, monitoring swap performance, supporting relationships with investment and commercial lending bankers, administration of the intercompany loan program and supporting the centralized Cash Management Program (CMP) activities (i.e., daily cash positioning, funding of bank accounts and short-term investments, and utilizing the Treasury Workstation).
The centralized Cash Management Program processes over $7 billion annually. Responsible for the daily operation and monthly reporting of the centralized Cash Management Program, which includes daily cash positioning, funding of bank accounts and short-term investments, and use of the Treasury Workstation. Reconciles company records to bank trust account investment records by identifying, accounting for and resolving discrepancies as needed; prepares cash flow forecasts, monthly cash position reports and providing treasury information to member organizations, corporate staff and third parties.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Serve as backup for other Treasury Analyst positions and provide cross-training as needed.
- Maintains comprehensive files and records of transactions. Works with other Treasury staff to ensure access to accurate and complete information for the department. Responds timely to requests for information.
- Conducts special projects as assigned by the Trinity Health SVP, Treasury and CIO, CFO or other senior finance executives.
- Ensures the confidentiality of all communications, information and documents as appropriate.
- Maintains the Treasury intranet site, including obtaining and posting monthly and quarterly reports and updates on investment management, debt management and cash operations as needed.
- Develops and conducts comparative analysis and forecasting of data. Maintains applicable records, databases, and documentation. Prepares and generates ad-hoc, special and scheduled reports, summaries, statements and forms. Assists in the administration of various program services. Develops and maintains procedures documentation for position responsibilities.
- Understands and ensures compliance with and internal controls are maintained relative to regulatory and agency requirements.
- Provides support to various committees. Serves as a resource to internal departments and external agencies, organizations and groups obtaining and exchanging information. Respond to questions and requests as needed.
- Develops tools and enhancements to existing programs and services.
- Performs back-up support to existing operational services.
- Responsible for applicable accounting, budgeting and financial reporting activities to support operational services.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by the manager.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the Trinity Health Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Must have a broad based knowledge of financial and banking concepts and their application, typically obtained through a combination of a Bachelor degree with a Business major and/or a Chartered Financial Analyst Certification and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a financial environment. Prior experience in treasury operations, investment management, debt management, capital markets and/or cash operations is preferred. MBA and/or certification as a Certified Treasury Professional is desirable.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, databases and electronic communications are essential; experience with Treasury workstations is highly desirable.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health.
- Considerable and in-depth knowledge and experience with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to respond to variable situations requiring analytical, interpretative, evaluative and constructive thinking abilities. Strong logical and deductive reasoning abilities.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills in order to independently evaluate and develop innovative solutions to complex situations while applying extensive associate & labor relations experience.
- Advanced level of written and verbal communication skills and oral presentation skills in order to interpret, explain, discuss and present technical and somewhat complex information. Ability to coach, mentor and provide guidance to colleagues, managers and other associates. Detail-oriented with a high level of organizational skills and ability to manage and complete work in an efficient and thorough manner.
- Must be discrete and maintain the highest confidentiality with extremely sensitive data.
- Seeks innovative ways to deliver higher value programs and services more efficiently and effectively.
- Makes effort to continuously learn and seek personal and professional growth opportunities to build credibility with customers, peers and team members.
- Models team oriented behavior that enables and encourages an environment filled with knowledge sharing to support associate empowerment and personal growth.
- Strong interpersonal, consultative and relationship building skills in order to initiate and develop productive working partnerships with management and staff. Ability to read the subtle nuances of situations and react/plan accordingly.
- Proven customer-service orientation. Ability to know and understand customer requirements and exercise judgment in meeting reasonable expectations.
- Self-directed, flexible, and capable of making commitments, setting multiple priorities and delivering on-time results.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Must be able to effectively set and organize work priorities and adapt them to changing requirements, make sound independent decisions, manage deadlines, work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects, and work with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles.
Must exhibit strong verbal and listening skills required for extensive telephone and in-person communications.
Filing of financial records and materials requires some lifting, reaching and kneeling. Normal manual dexterity is needed to operate a keyboard, printer, copy machine and fax.
Must be able to travel as needed (typically less than 10 percent).
Must possess the ability to comply with Trinity Health policies and procedures.
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.