PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Analyst, Commercial Planning
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Analyst is responsible for the finance, planning and business development analysis supporting PlayStation’s Worldwide Studios (WWS) strategy, delivering a focus on IP expansion as well growth into off-console platforms. This role will also provide finance support to any projects resulting from execution of WWS strategy, for example IP licensing, strategic partnerships, M&A activity or external contracting. Given the dynamic nature of the role, responsibilities described below are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned. This role will report to Commercial Finance Director of Worldwide Studios, based out of San Mateo, CA.
- Perform financial analysis and market research supporting the development of WWS strategy
- Support WWS in defining business models for key central initiatives, for example IP expansion, as well as off-console growth
- Assist in financial IP expansion projects, into television, motion pictures and animated pictures, performing financial analysis, contracting support and facilitating governance process (approvals etc.); collaborating closely with business affairs and finance teams in other parts of the Sony organization
- Financial valuation and analysis for the projects resulting from execution of strategy, for example external partnerships, IP licensing and M&A activity
- Financial modelling and valuation supporting execution of business development projects
- Perform data analysis, translating them into insights and findings as well as storytelling-style presentations for internal and external to WWS partners
- Build and own sophisticated financial models to support key pivotal initiatives and decisions
- Lead and manage improvement projects within WWS Finance
- Perform industry research and benchmarking analysis of the gaming industry
- BA/BS in business, finance, economics or related field; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred
- At least 5 years of finance, strategy and business development experience, preferably gained in the gaming industry
- Self-starter, showing initiative and able to work independently
- The ability and willingness to do detailed work and complex financial analysis
- Strong ability to translate analysis into insights and findings and storytelling-style presentations
- Good communication, presentation and financial modeling skills; proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, working through uncertainty under various time constraints
- Strong work ethic and confidentiality a must
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.