Job Description & Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Universal Parks and Resorts Consumer Insights is the core research function charged with designing, implementing, and interpreting primary, mixed method research to provide the organization for the “voice of the consumer” at both Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood. The Consumer Insights team supports stakeholder groups throughout the organization, including Marketing & Sales, Operations, Entertainment, Creative, Product Planning, and Finance, providing data critical to immediate needs as well as mid and long-range planning efforts.
The Senior Analyst conducts a variety of qualitative and quantitative research studies to better understand the perspective of the current and future Universal Orlando and Universal Hollywood consumer. Transforms client objectives into research methodologies. Writes surveys, monitor survey deployment progress, analyze data to tell the story of the Universal Orlando/Hollywood consumer. Works with internal Universal Orlando/Hollywood stakeholders, predominantly in Marketing & Sales, to uncover and share meaningful and actionable insights to move the organization forward.
- Work with leadership to develop end to end research projects that provide insight about guest needs, attitudes, and behaviors for clients to make informed, data-driven business decisions.
- Design methodologies and develop research instruments (surveys, discussion guide, etc.), that will best equip the team to answer the business questions at hand, given time and budget requirements.
- Program respondent-friendly and error-free online surveys
- Work with internal partners or vendors for survey deployment; monitor data collection and data quality.
- Download data/create banners using SPSS and excel; employ various advanced research statistical analysis techniques (such as, but not limited to, Factor Analysis, Cluster Analysis, Driver Analysis) and critical, creative thinking to examine consumer attitudes, perceptions and behaviors with a focus on understanding the “whys” behind the findings.
- Consult transactional data or other third-party data sources (as needed) to help build out the analysis.
- Prepare PowerPoint decks and/or written reports to include actionable, easy to understand insights and their strategic implications.
- Partner with clients throughout the research process to ensure that the objectives are clear, and the business questions are being answered.
- Develop, manage and execute qualitative marketing research.
- Define qualitative research objectives and design effective methodologies to meet research objectives; utilize online qualitative or in-person qualitative tools as platforms to collect insights from projects focused on user testing, user experience or reaction to stimuli.
- Draw out insights from open ended feedback collected from written and verbal (video) formats; provide concise summaries of finding and present in easy to consume ways.
- Participate on a team that values “the we is greater than the me” by focusing on collaboration, information sharing and a desire to raise the level of competency among the entire team.
- Participate in team sharing sessions focused on research findings, but also share interesting and unique research methodologies/survey designs used.
- Support the department by employing a mindset of process improvement with an eye toward the future and changing trends.
- Set up project kickoff meetings, as necessary, to clearly identify project objectives.
- Routinely connect with partners and iterate on drafts of research.
- Present findings to stakeholder groups of various sizes and levels across the organization find opportunities to disseminate work to the organization.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-yr college or university in Marketing Research, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, Anthropology, Sociology, Advertising, Psychology, or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Marketing Research (MMR), Survey Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration (MBA), or related discipline is preferred.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in market research/consumer insights in a client-side or supplier-side role required.
- Proficiency in SPSS and Microsoft Office required.
- Demonstrated ability to independently write sophisticated, new surveys and conduct ad hoc analyses with moderate guidance and minimal precedent.
- Demonstrated ability to produce timely, synthesized, easily understood reports, slide decks, and deliverables reflecting a high degree of critical thought.
- Demonstrated ability to design, execute, analyze, and communicate the research process and results to a wide variety of audiences.
- Comfort using a variety of multivariate statistical techniques (e.g., factor analysis, cluster analysis, discriminant analysis, regression, Maxdiff, Turf, conjoint, correspondence analysis) and knowing when and how to apply them is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot clients with moderate guidance and supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Qualtrics (survey design) preferred.
- Proficiency in Sawtooth (conjoint design and analysis) preferred.
- Client relationship management and vendor management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Orlando tourism market or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE