Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) will support the plans to perform process across National Grid USA to deliver annual operating budgets, as well as longer-term business plans, with finance and business insights. The Senior Analyst will work with Finance Business Partnering teams regarding key assumptions that will drive results and strategy of businesses and groups.
For each relevant business or group, produce budgets, models and associated documents in line with both Corporate FP&A and wider business needs
Collaborate with Finance Business Partnering to: Develop, drive and challenge business assumptions that are critical to each relevant businesses or group in respect of short-term results and longer-term strategy and run scenario analyses and other ad-hoc requests for key investment decisions, prospective rate filings, etc.
- Collaborate with the wider FP&A team in respect of consolidated National Grid USA budgets and business plans; support the requirements, governance and timeline of the overarching plan to perform process
- Partner with Accounting counterparts within the Controllership to ensure proper tie-in between record to report and plan to perform processes (i.e. bridge from actuals to budget/forecast)
- Support continued step-change to improve plan to perform process while maintaining necessary SOX requirements
- Work with peers within the US controllership to drive an inclusive and collaborative team environment
- Experience Required
- Budgeting and long-term financial planning
- Financial analysis
- US GAAP and IFRS accounting
- Utility accounting and finance experience (preferred)
- Finance/budgeting systems
- Effective business partnerships
- Working cross-functionally
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA preferred in Finance or Business
- 3-5 years of progressive Finance experience
- More Information
- This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.