POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting is responsible for the preparation and analysis of account reconciliations in connection with the Company’s monthly close process and completing ad hoc projects. The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting provides work direction and acts as a resource to peers within the department and works closely with corporate office and field divisions to ensure accounting issues are appropriately identified, analyzed, documented in technical position memos and reported in external and internal reports. The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting also takes a lead role in budget and forecast preparation along with analysis of actual results for the corporate office.
- Takes a lead role in budget and forecast preparation for the corporate office.
- Analyzes monthly financial results and prepares presentation to senior management.
- Provides work direction and acts as a resource to peers within the department.
- Prepares account reconciliations in connection with the Company’s monthly close process.
- Compiles financial information by using system tools to prepare ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Aggregates and supports key financial information used in the Company’s monthly internal reporting, and quarterly and annual external reporting.
- Maintains current knowledge of GAAP requirements and incorporate these requirements in accounting activities.
- Interacts with the corporate office and field divisions to assist in the identification, analysis and resolution of accounting matters.
- Assists the team in continuing to leverage existing technology and accounting knowledge to increase department efficiency, streamline the monthly close process and improve Financial Accounting processes.
- Authors and maintains content of various financial accounting policies.
- Ensures internal controls related to financial accounting processes are functioning as intended and are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Aggregates and provides information to support financial audits.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 3 years of combined public accounting (Big 4 or Tier II National) and corporate financial analysis or accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or MBA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial analysis or accounting.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.