Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation’s defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation’s defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
This position is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
As a member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, this individual performs a wide range of financial/accounting services and serves as the primary Finance representative for the NM facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Functions at an advanced level by planning, organizing, and coordinating accounting and/or budget activities to meet established objectives and schedules including analysis of reports, journal entries, and other data
- Anticipates business needs and develops analytical data to support decision making
- Implements initiatives in partnership with business leaders in support of the organization’s strategic objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to establish budget targets and communicate to the business units.
- Performs special assignments/projects and provides results to management
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of internal procedures and work instructions for accounting and/or budget activities
- Uses financial reporting customized as necessary and reasonable to support division requirements
- Manages multiple priorities and ad hoc requests in a timely manner
- Provides proactive support in budget & rate process, variance analysis and forecasting
- Leverages an understanding of inter-relationships between Fund Accounting and divisional labor and expenses to influence and provide guidance to stakeholders
- Assists in the training of personnel in various accounting and/or budget activities
- Advises division Director on the financial implications of strategies and tactics
- Attends functional division Directors’ staff meetings, establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships
- Helps ensure a sound internal control environment exists
- Serves as liaison to management in the absence of supervision
- May perform other duties as required
You Must Have:
- Five (5) or more years of Accounting/Finance work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited university or Two (2) additional years of direct work experience.
- US Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept of Energy “Q” level security clearance.
- Basic understanding of NMGRT requirements
- CPA, CMA, or MBA
- Honeywell Finance experience or Finance/Accounting experience preferred
- JOB ID: req254312
- Category: Finance
- Location: PO Box 5250,Albuquerque,New Mexico,87185-5250,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.