SGS&Co is seeking a Senior Manager to join a new group within Finance, Commercial Finance, reporting to the Vice President of that group. This position requires knowledge of both Finance and Accounting principles, excellent verbal and presenting skills, contracting knowledge, and proficiency with Microsoft Office; specifically, Microsoft Excel. This role would reside at the company’s Chicago office location.
This position will assist our Commercial Team with North American opportunities, which will include strategy, pricing, modeling, contracting, negotiating, as well as reporting. This role will interact with many portions of the business including Corporate Finance, Commercial, Operations, and Legal. The candidate will display strong organizational skills, be results oriented, have strong communication skills, and possess the ability to competently manage multiple priorities. This position will have no direct reports at this time.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Working with North American Commercial Team in reviewing the opportunity, current contract and financials, and putting together a go-forward strategy to provide to the client.
- Working with North American Commercial Team, Operations, and Finance to put an Economic Deal Model together, including the proper costs, allocations, and pricing.
- Being able to present sales opportunities to Senior Leadership, providing color on their strategy, economics, contractual language, as well as provide recommendations.
- Working with Legal Team to put together contracts, SOW’s, pricing schedules, and SLA’s.
- Working with North American Commercial Team to discuss/negotiate opportunities with clients
- Help develop and maintain reporting which will include, but not limited to, renewal reporting, pricing analysis, trends, etc.
- Maintain effective working relationships with various teams including Finance, Commercial, Legal, and Operations
- Assist with implementation of system/process improvements as necessary
- Ad hoc analyses and special projects as necessary and directed by senior management
- Strong financial background, specifically understanding pricing and pricing concepts
- Strong ability to dig into details and work with limited data
- Ability to understand and frame complex opportunities in a consolidated and straightforward manner
- Effectively manage tasks and tight deadlines independently
- Must be a rounded individual capable of interacting with all levels of employees and senior management, as well as clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to convey information concisely in writing and verbally to senior management and clients
- History working with clients effectively, both virtually and in-person.
- Self-motivated and works independently with minimal supervision
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
- BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business – MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar corporate role (ie. pricing, commercial, etc)