Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
We are seeking an Senior Financial Analyst, Finance & Business Development to support developing comprehensive business plans and analytics related to the execution of the Company’s Flexible Business Model (FBM) initiatives – which include wholesale and all commercial business models outside of third party licensing and vertical owned/operated operations. This role will partner with operational leaders to architect the overall strategic direction of the product category and the execution plan, while achieving the financial objectives of the business. In addition, the SFA will conduct research, modeling and analysis to support new and existing business opportunities. The individual must be a self-starter who takes initiative with advanced modeling/analytical skills and attention to detail, especially when coordinating large amounts of data.
The position will report to the Senior Manager, Finance & Business Development.
- Serve as functional expert in support of the strategic development and the go-to-market plans / business execution of all flexible models (e.g. wholesale, direct-to-retail, shop-in-shop)
- Support the 5 year strategic planning process, annual operating plan, quarterly forecasts (i.e. financial consolidation, deck preparation) for the Flexible Business model initiatives
- Evaluate short and long term business growth and investment strategy
- Partner with key executives to research, model, and evaluate a variety of strategic projects and initiatives (including demand forecasting and evaluation of wholesale pricing)
- Monitor industry trends (i.e. media, retail, toys, consumables, softlines, consumer behavior) and interpret the strategic implications for the business
- Develop and communicate presentations related to the feasibility of new business opportunities and performance trends for existing businesses
- Partner with IT to systemize planning process leveraging data from disparate sources
- Track and report new business initiatives across regions and franchises; develop and share best practices globally
- Support the development and reporting of KPIs across various business initiatives
- Drive efficiency through process improvements, including update, revision and creation of financial models and templates
- 3-5 years of prior experience in quantitative roles, preferably with Consumer Products, Media and Entertainment company, management consulting (preferred), and/or investment banking
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and research skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluency in communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way for senior-level executives
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter, with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Familiarity with working in or with large global organizations
- Intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
- Proactive and adaptive communication style, able to effectively communicate with people from various disciplines, organizations, geographic locations and management levels
- Ability to organize and manage projects of varying complexity and length
- Analytical and financial modeling skills applying strategic thinking as well as an understanding of execution needs
- Cognos experienc
- BS in Finance, Business or related field (Accounting, Economics, etc.