The role is responsible for achieving Aristocrat’s objectives and goals for Product, Strategy, and Insights (PSI) by ensuring investments are prioritized and business benefits delivered. Specifically facilitating end to end business case development and driving teams to meet their financial commitments. The successful candidate will guide senior leaders to prioritize their resources, make informed decision and optimize their spending, will collaborate with Commercial Finance, Corporate Finance, and other Finance functional resources to deploy financial systems and processes within PSI to meet business unit objectives. The role communicates with and utilizes the resources and support available within Aristocrat Group in FP&A, Tax, Treasury and Accounting Services. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Finance -PSI. The role is both strategic and operational where the key outcomes are to:
- Partner with key stakeholders in the deployment & evaluation of business cases for identified commercial opportunities or strategic needs.
- The role considers profitability and returns both within PSI and Aristocrat’s operating divisions and helps to provide the link between PSI, Product Madness, Big Fish Games, Plarium, Northern Stars, and Digital Corporate. Enacting the strategic work requires a predictive element as to the risks inherent in the marketplace and underpinning assumptions.
- Investment portfolio management to deliver expense to revenue targets.
- The role also ensures an ongoing drive for continuous improvement of business performance through the provision of accurate financial information and guidance to facilitate sound decision- making.
The outlook of the role is primarily internal. Internally the role must work collaboratively with Product Madness, Big Fish, Plarium, PSI Finance and Accounting team, Corporate and Digital Accounting, Corporate Finance, and local D&D teams where the focus of the role is to optimize business performance through the successful implementation of business initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Generation of weekly & monthly standard reporting packs including ad hoc reporting & analysis as required
- Business partnering involves ensuring financial accounting and reporting is accurate and timely, including monthly reporting and analysis, annual Plans and Quarterly LE’s. Also, includes Head Count. Timely and insightful analysis is a key deliverable.
- Monitor key business drivers & provide analysis of variances from targeted results along with recommendations to close any gaps.
- Modelling and analysis of assigned cost centers of their budget and forecasts. Ensure that outputs are linked to key drivers and ensuring that all assumptions are visible and agreed.
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking and accurate reporting of any third-party studio cost and royalties.
- Assist Digital Finance leadership to embed commercial systems & processes and ensure that business policies are adhered to.
End to end ownership of business case investment spend in PSI:
Business case preparation including financial modelling using various “what-if” scenario analysis, risk modeling, and systemic data driven decision support. Working with product management to assess requirements and timing of investment spend and preparing justifications for these spends
Working in collaboration with Commercial Finance teams to ensure entire P&L picture (i.e. revenue and costs) collated, monitored and tracked on all projects. Responsible for ensuring that this entire P&L picture is accurately reflected in business cases
Tracking of costs through the life of the projects including checking back to original business case, preparation of adjusted business cases when required
Working closely with the project governance team and relevant project and program managers on the above to ensure accurate and timely tracking of costs and schedules
As part of the PSI finance team, work closely to ensure all aspects of investment spend have been considered and recorded during the forecasting and planning process
Post implementation review of projects (6-9 months post development and commercialization
Taking the entire PSI annual spend and turning it into an investment portfolio analysis – with timely and insightful analysis provided to Senior Executives to assist in investment decisions.
Any other ad hoc projects as they arise
What we’re looking for
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field is required. MBA or CPA preferred but not required.
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in Financial / Accounting roles (proven proficiency in project accounting/reporting).
- Understanding of Finance systems. Gaming industry preferred but not required.
- Exceptional change management skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-moving, dynamic matrix environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Detail/ deadline oriented with effective organizational and analytical and documentation skills.
- Effective problem solving, process improvement, and conceptual/analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Planner, and Outlook. Goal Seek, Crystal Ball, Python, R, Solver preferred but not required.
- Experience defining business requirements, evaluation of solution options/alternatives, business process and business process documentation.
- Investment analysis & modelling of business cases
- Experience with large ERP platforms and finance business processes in area of management and internal reporting.
- Experience operating in large projects and throughout the lifecycle of project and process implementing cross-functional transformation initiatives.
- Experience in business trade-offs or portfolio management.
- Proven proficiency to identify and understand key drivers in a complex environment.
- Good teaming skills with a demonstrated ability to work with diverse teams.
- Ability to build, maintain and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Self-motivated, drives to completion/resolution.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our Values
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.