What does a Sr Financial Analyst, FP&A do?
We are seeking a motivated, intellectually curious finance professional with a strong work ethic to join our Global Business Solutions finance team, supporting the Enterprise Merchant Services segment. The primary focus of this role is to provide strong financial planning, reporting, analysis, and modelling to support effective business management and profitable growth. This individual will partner with the business to develop financial insights in support of delivering high growth and ~$900M+ of annual revenue.
As a Sr Financial Analyst, FP&A you will:
- Coordinate financial and management reporting accurately and timely, including appropriate variance analysis, evaluation of metrics, and commentary for internal review and action.
- Duties include month end close, forecasting, business reviews, long-range planning, and annual planning. These responsibilities require coordination with multiple departments and peers within Global Business Solutions and adherence to Division and Corporate guidelines.
- Support the planning and forecasting processes for the division in a manner that engages divisional management in a truly collaborative, well-planned effort that drives ownership.
- Analyze variances and trends in sales, revenue, expense, and general business conditions. Identify key data points and trends that demonstrate the relationship between operational and financial goals.
- Review sales for approval. Improve performance in the sales-implementations-billing-revenue cycle.
- Prepare business cases as needed to support a growing technology business. Offer excellent quantitative analysis, qualitative business judgement, and build strong relationships with key decision makers and peers across the business unit.
- Develop product profitability models and dashboards to be used by the executive management team to make operational decisions that maximize profit.
- Evaluate transaction and revenue performance to develop actionable insights and identify opportunities to grow revenue. Develop key business metrics to highlight the opportunity to increase revenue and reduce cost.
- Focus on details and synthesize broad amounts of information into actionable insights for executives. Quickly spot upcoming issues and develop recommended solutions.
- Intellect and business judgment – This individual will demonstrate well-reasoned insights, supported by excellent quantitative analysis and qualitative business judgement.
- Once issues have been identified, communicate findings and recommendations to senior leadership, exhibiting good judgment and decision-making.
- Must have the ability and the willingness to dive deeply into the financials to understand the root cause of issues. Persistence in pursuit of objective is essential. Executing for results – must demonstrate a bias for results.
- Business partnering, building relationships, and using influence – Convey a strong sense of executive presence both within and outside his/her organization. Will partner effectively with a senior management team and be a credible, effective representative of the business.
- Must be persuasive, exhibiting an ability to communicate with passion, energy, and excitement for the business.
- Organization skills to facilitate multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment while responding quickly to management requests.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 3+ years of applicable finance/accounting experience
- Power BI and SharePoint a plus. Expertise with the Microsoft Office suite of business software including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships throughout the organization.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (People of Color/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.