Investors Title Insurance Company is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join our Finance Team.
The Financial Analyst will ensure continual accuracy and production of all financial reporting, forecasting, chart of account administration, and provide relevant financial analysis as requested. Along with these duties they will actively participate in achieving various departmental goals and objectives as needed alongside the VP Director of FP&A, VP-Finance, and SVP-Finance as requested. An ideal candidate for this position must be a go-getter with exemplary critical thinking skills, an eye for detail and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Administer the financial reporting process in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Administer all systems and tools used to produce internal or statistical call reporting, including Netsuite, Microsoft PowerBI, Microsoft Excel and TPA and SoftPro Select databases.
- Manage and adhere to relevant and current reporting standards.
- Provide current and accurate commentary and analysis for routine financial reporting with exemplary critical thinking skills and an understanding of the business’ needs.
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology in order to identify, configure, and communicate information as needed to provide practical business leadership
- Provide value-added financial analysis as requested by management.
- Independently seek ways to add value to the business through non-routine financial analysis and commentary.
- Ensure profit center managers and held accountable to their budgets
- Update chart of accounts resources while upholding its’ policy and staying informed on any changes
- Assist other members of the Finance Team as requested
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance (CPA or MBA preferred)
- Minimum of three years’ field experience in financial analysis or accounting
- Analytical and problem-solving skills: Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems, and use basic analysis tools, including flowcharting, statistics, cost/benefit analysis, and data management.
- Software skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and mid-range
Corporate ERP systems is required.
- Technical accounting skills: Strong knowledge of accounting practice and theory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong presence with the ability to interact with senior leadership.
- Energy, positive attitude, and determination to overcome obstacles to drive change.
- Leadership ability.
- Desire to invest in career advancement opportunities.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Company offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and other protected class characteristics