Full Job Description
Miner Limited is an industry leading, dock & door service and equipment solutions provider with branch-based operations across the country. Miner is part of the OnPoint Group, awarded the “Best Managed Company” for 2020 by Deloitte and named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for the 7th consecutive year.
Miner drives down the cost of warehousing and material management operations, saving customers revenue and time by understanding their business, finding efficiencies in their operation, providing faster systems’ repairs, and delivering expertly executed scheduled maintenance. For more than 20 years, Miner has consistently delivered professional emergency maintenance service, equipment analysis and proactive preventative maintenance solutions to companies throughout North America. Miner solutions leave their customers more time to focus on their core business – not on the business of maintenance and material management.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for preparing dashboards, budgets, forecasts, month-end reporting and analysis, operational and management reporting, trend analysis, and ad hoc analysis to support management decision-making for new initiatives.
Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, Texas.
- This individual will be working with the Sr. FP&A Director to support business unit leadership with sales analytics, financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, key performance Indicators and other project related activities. You will prepare key financial reporting, dashboards and analytics, as well as ad hoc reporting required to measure improvement initiatives of the company. The Sr. Financial Analyst will be involved in the onboarding of newly acquired companies to ensure consistency in reporting, including proforma statements.
- You will produce actuals vs. forecasts and budget analysis, investigate variances, identify root causes, and build presentations as required by the Finance leadership. The ideal candidate for this position will have a financial, operational and sales reporting background with a good understanding of overall branch-based operations.
- You must be able to present and communicate findings, recommendations and analytics to finance and Business leadership.
- This person needs to be results driven, hands-on, data savvy and able to drive and support the Company’s aggressive growth objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Review weekly cash forecasts and identify levers to achieve annual targets.
- Prepare monthly KPI dashboard and work with finance managers and branch leadership to understand drivers for variances.
- Analyze productivity drivers, identify risks and opportunities to business performance, work cross functionally to help implement recommended actions.
- Analysis of forecast and budget to actuals, including identifying, understanding and communicating changes in forecasts. Trends must also be identified, often by thorough data analysis. Identify revenue improvement opportunities for the Company.
- Analyze margins on a recurring basis and work with data management, sales & operation to understand any significant variations. Document and present meaningful explanations for fluctuations.
- Understand and assist with sales reporting, including customer analytics, pipeline and backlog reporting, and sales rep productivity.
- Maintain/create P&L forecast and budget models considering revenue and cost drivers, segment and branch mix.
- Identifies data deficiencies and work with IT and GL teams to solve those deficiencies.
- Other projects as assigned by finance leadership.
Key Performance Measurements
- Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and information.
- Other key metrics prescribed by Miner Ltd. leadership, resulting in positive customer and Company impact.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required. MBA or master’s degree, preferred.
- Financial Planning and Analysis, and Sales Analysis. Preferred is at least 5 years’ experience.
- Service, Sales and/or Industrial Company environments. Preferred is at least 2 years’ experience.
- Experience or General Ledger Accounting.
- Understanding of financial analysis and reporting, key business metrics, forecasting, and annual budgeting.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed, multi-site organization highly desirable.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a financial and accounting background and have a good understanding of overall business operations.
- Experience with supporting the business with the information they need to make strategic, operational and tactical decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, service environment.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed, multi-site organization.
- Must be results-oriented and demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a team environment as well as to lead and/or participate in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills including successful leadership of projects from planning phase through completion.
- Must maintain the highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hand and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. Rarely, the employee is required to wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when on certain parts of the property.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work may be performed in various locations, including an office environment near a warehouse, as well as a remote home setting. When in the office, employees may work with co-workers’ side-by-side with a moderate level of activity being performed. The noise level in the work environment is light to moderate.
Miner Ltd. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.