Starkey Hearing Technologies is a privately held, global hearing technology company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Founded by Bill Austin in 1967, Starkey is known for its innovative design, development and distribution of comprehensive digital hearing systems. Starkey is the only American-owned and operated provider of hearing technologies. This company has more than 5,000 employees, operates 24 facilities and does business in more than 100 markets worldwide.
Approach and Deployment
- Interact with Business Managers to support the company’s budgets and planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Proactively work with Business Managers to develop expense budgets and forecasts along with identifying savings efficiencies and spending process improvements.
- Develop detailed financial models and associated financial analysis to support decision-making.
- Train Business Managers on financials.
- Prepare/support and analysis of the company’s annual domestic expense and capital budgeting process – including the development and maintenance of the supporting systems and information needed to address financial reporting and budgeting.
- Communicate all corporate budgeting guidelines to managers, and identify and rationalize any variances to guidelines.
- Analysis of budgets, and impact on the planned activities of each department and cost centers, as well as the impact on the overall corporate financial performance.
- Support Leadership team at reviews
- Support the product launch business case process.
- Provide analytics on a full product P&L, including revenue, cost of goods sold, and SG&A expenses.
- Assist during Year End/External Audits
Results – Performance Measures
Delivery of annual budget templates, schedules and guidance to managers.
- Assist with the monthly financial close process, within 2-working days of month end.
- Prepare related financial and managerial reporting.
- Maintain SG&A analysis each month to identify potential expenditure variances to budget, previous year and year-to-date expense trends, identify cost saving opportunities. Review is completed within 10-working days of month end.
Other Duties (Non Measurable)
- Support Starkey Employee Corporate and/or Department Guidelines
- Check and verify quality
- Support corporate health and safety objectives
- React to change productively and handle other essential duties as assigned
Minimum education, certification and experience requirements:
- 4-year degree in Business/Finance. CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred, but not required
- Minimum 3 years of related experience working in finance and/or cost accounting. Proficient with major ERP system (SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards) and Microsoft Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of business and planning processes required
- Working knowledge of P&L analytics
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives at once.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships across various levels and departments within the organization
- Strong financial and systems analytical skills
- Strong technical aptitude, Excel, PowerPoint proficient, comfortable with learning new technology
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Develop and maintain budget and forecasting tools
- This position has access to all company and employee reports, records, plans, and programs
- Communicates periodically with select business units within Starkey
- Jobholder will be subject to long hours; jobholder is obligated to an open-door policy