Support business unit management as a consultative business partner by applying extensive knowledge of principles, theories, concepts, industry practices and standards to the development, interpretation, and implementation of complex financial and accounting concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems requiring independent judgment and ingenuity to modify procedures and identify new approaches relative to financial planning and control.
- Coordinates and provides financial analysis and direction for various internal- and external-related activities that may be assigned by the manager or senior leadership team.
- Reviews monthly comprehensive variance analysis for the company and explains variances between actual and budgeted, actual and forecasted figures and as well as actual versus YTD prior year figures.
- Identifies and analyzes relationships between results and macroeconomic factors.
- Develops and implements Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in accordance and partnership with the guidelines provided by management.
- Provides meaningful interpretation and trending information to support company goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements automated systems to provide reports to management, ensuring that the information provided is timely, accurate, and adequate for management to effectively manage and control the operations.
- Controls capital expenditures by establishing procedures, requirements and reports for the capital expenditure control system, by reviewing expenditure requests for correct financial justification and by monitoring capital expenditure budget.
- Assesses risk and collaborates with business leaders to build case for capital investments, acquisition activity and other business needs requiring financial justification.
- Manages and supervises budgeting and forecasting process, as well as drives consistency in the methodology across all business units.
- Develops and refines policies and procedures related to the planning process.
- Develops long and short range financial forecasts with input from management and provides financial projections and analyses to management for development of a variety of financial models.
- Maintains the budgeting/forecasting tool as needed. Functions as project leader, when assigned, and provides technical leadership to others as required.
- Provides ad hoc analysis as directed by manager or senior leadership team.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives within the department and evaluates cost savings strategies.
- Develops a positive team dynamic to ensure a high level of consistent performance.
- Interfaces and works with peers in the financial department, with corporate business leaders as well as executive leadership.
- Increases financial visibility and guidance to support strategic decisions.
- Looks for cost efficiency and improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with at least 5 years experience in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA, CMA, CFA, MBA or MS in Finance is preferred.
- Rigorous, capable to pull out snapshots from complex data.
- Business-minded, able to react in a timely manner.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Straight-forward and capable to constructively challenge.
- Demonstrates pro-activity and solution-oriented approach.
- Fluent in English. Any other language is an asset