Sr Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for reviewing and analyzing financial results of the organization. Through financial modeling, this job reviews the company’s financial status, including cash flow, accounts receivable, accounts payable, debt, equity, operating income, working capital, etc. Under minimal supervision, this job provides financial insights that senior management uses to inform business and financial decisions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyzes monthly financial results through financial models to identify drivers and explain key variances.
- Reviews forecasts and modeling to ensure results are timely and accurate.
- Leads re-forecasting activities and updating/evolving forecast models.
- Monitors general ledger journal entry postings during the closing process to help ensure that financial statements are accurate.
- Reviews ad hoc departmental reports that analyze departmental financial results versus budget/forecasts.
- Reviews financial reports and presentations for management that inform business and financial decisions.
- Provides support to junior Financial Analysts regarding challenges that require more advanced knowledge and experience.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- 3+ years’ experience in a financial services company with a focus in finance
- 5+ years’ experience in a financial services company with a focus in finance
- University degree required in Finance or Accounting
- MBA degree
- Banking experience
- Oracle Financials and Cognos TM1 experience
- Strong spreadsheet and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage assigned area with little supervision or oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Detail oriented
Potential Salary: $110,000.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
As a part of TIAA’s Financial Solutions business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here .
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team: