Prepare corporate earnings forecast and budget, develop and maintain the Company’s strategic planning model (SPM), and perform financial analyses.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintains the Strategic Planning Model and ensures the integrity of the model and accuracy of its outputs. Works to continually simplify and update the model to improve the usefulness of SPM for corporate decision making.
- Ensures corporate budgets & forecasts accurately reflect inputs from internal business units and other data owners.
- Incorporates and programs any changes occurring in jurisdictional revenue rate structures into the corporate financial models; shares model calculations and outputs with internal customers as needed.
- Coordinates monthly financial forecasting process, generates revenue forecasts, collects forecast inputs from operating units, and prepares analyses and reports necessary to validate and present earnings forecasts.
- Coordinates annual budgeting process, leads revenue budget preparation.
- Reviews reasonableness of annual budgeted corporate financials and performs variance and trend analysis.
- Assists in the development of the company’s Five Year Financing Plan.
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of annual regulatory filing.
- Proposes targets and tracks performance for Utility Return on Equity and Consolidated Return on Equity metrics.
- Provides financial analysis support on an as-needed basis.
- Supports preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual variance explanations using several bases including forecast to actual, budget to actual, forecast to previous forecast, forecast to previous actual, etc. Establishes explanations for variances. Presents variances and explanations to various internal parties, provides supporting documentation as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 5+ Years of experience in financial management and analysis, with emphasis on budgeting/financial forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research, analyze data and develop financial models
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex messages to diverse audiences at all organization levels
- Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office and Hyperion Planning, to share, retrieve, research and present business information
- Demonstrated strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners
- Master’s Degree of Finance (MFA) or MBA
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or Hyperion Cloud systems
To learn more about WGL, visit: http://wgl.com/