Aera is seeking a Senior FP&A Analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A) team. The FP&A team partners with senior management to advise on strategic decision-making, leads financial planning, budgeting & forecasting and supports investor relations initiatives. This position offers a significant opportunity to grow and play an important role in developing and shaping a global FP&A team. A successful candidate is an organized, highly motivated, ambitious self-starter with great communication skills and analytical abilities.
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera’s Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world’s largest companies.
This is a great opportunity for a remote Senior FP&A Analyst to join the Aera team. Must be located in the US.
- Partner with the business leaders and support the operational and capacity planning
- Support setting up targets for the key metrics and track the actuals
- Support the assessment of resource allocation and utilization for each business function
- Work closely with the accounting team to support the month-end close process and reporting
- Support critical planning processes including long range planning, forecasting and annual budgeting
- Develop, maintain and improve financial models to support investment initiatives and ‘what-if’ scenario planning
- Work collaboratively across functional teams to develop sophisticated, quantitative analysis that translates internal and external data into actionable insights
- Evaluate and lead in-depth analysis on special projects as new initiatives and opportunities arise
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting to senior management, investors and Board of Directors
- Prepare monthly actual vs budget/forecast analysis and document the actual trends against the plan
- Other ad hoc analysis based on business needs
- BA/BS degree in finance or accounting from a leading institution; MBA or Masters preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in an FP&A role; some at a SaaS, B2B startup
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, including ability to develop financial models and presentations from scratch required
- Strong understanding of GAAP and Financial Statements required
- Strong financial acumen and strong planning, analytical, leadership and operations skills
- Extensive experience working directly with executives and senior business leaders
- Highly organized, self-starter and able to deal with ambiguity
- Comfortable working with global business partners across regions
Nice to Have
- Bonus points for experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, Bamboo, Lever
- Experience with planning systems such as Adaptive, Anaplan or Host Analysis
- Experience supporting GTM teams and revenue models
- At Aera, we’re on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world’s largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
- If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we’re growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.