At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
The AES Clean Energy finance team is seeking a Senior FP&A Analyst with at least 3-5 years’ experience in financial modeling, preparing and coordinating forecasts/budgets, and producing timely, accurate reporting to keep management and stakeholders apprised of business performance against plan. The Senior FP&A Analyst will be responsible for owning and coordinating various portions of the Company’s budgeting and forecast processes by working with various departments to obtain, analyze, and model information and assumptions. Under the direction of the Manager, FP&A, the position will play a key role in the Company’s monthly reporting process. Sound judgment, ingenuity, excellent problem solving, organizational skills and a proactive attitude will position the successful candidate to earn a rewarding opportunity with this fast-growing company.
Candidates need excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a positive attitude and the ability to work in a demanding team environment. They should also possess the following competencies:
- Exceptional analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to understand issues with a “big-picture” business perspective.
- Independent thinker able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to produce error-free work under deadlines.
- Team player with strong initiative.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and navigate through ambiguity to complete tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior FP&A Analyst’s duties will include the following (o ther duties may be assigned):
- Prepare portions of the Company’s annual budget and monthly forecast process by owning various sections and being responsible for the financial output of various projects.
- Responsibility for the financial aspect of assigned projects from the company’s operating portfolio including preparing and reviewing monthly HLBV calculations (Hypothetical Liquidation at Book Value). Act as the primary financial contact for assigned operating projects and proactively manage internal and external reporting requirements for those projects
- Own the monthly forecast process for assigned projects.
- Be responsible for collaborating across the organization to develop and vet sound business assumptions.
- Investigate, explain, and present budget to actual variances to senior leadership.
- Own portions of the monthly forecasting process based on actual results.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing various items in the Company’s monthly investor reporting packages, including budget versus actual reports and explain variances to management.
- Coordination and preparation of various budgeting and forecasting presentations.
- Drive efficiency and value-added analysis as it relates to assigned operating projects.
- Contribute to periodic and ad-hoc initiatives of the FP&A department. Provide occasional guidance and support to new and/or less-experienced FP&A colleagues
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in preparing and coordinating budgets, modeling, forecasts, and related reporting
- Experience with Adaptive Planning or a similar planning tool
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including experience with financial reporting, forecasting and analysis across the income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows.
- Renewable energy experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively with accounting systems
- Experience preparing and reviewing complex models in Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s and Master’s in Finance or Accounting, MBA
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.