Full Job Description
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the Director, Real Estate Development, the Senior Investment Analyst is accountable for tracking market conditions, financial projections, reporting, and preparing recommendations to senior management on development opportunities. The position will support the Director, Head of US Real Estate Development, and the Director, Head of Canadian Real Estate Development, as well as the VP, Global Head of Real Estate Development.
The primary focus is Multi-Family and Industrial property types. Investment are made on behalf of both the General Account of John Hancock as well as third party vehicles. The position will be a key part of a small and growing team of professionals who work collaboratively to meet the needs of various clients.
- Analyze, evaluate, and monitor investment development opportunities for on and off-balance sheet real estate portfolios.
- Develop recommendations and presentations to real estate senior management on investment development opportunities.
- Manage parts of the due diligence, underwriting and closing processes.
- Develop and maintain databank of market information and projections for target investment markets.
- Develop relationships with other groups within the Investment Division to support the underwriting of real estate investment opportunities including Acquisition/Dispositions, Asset Management and Portfolio Management.
- Develop contacts within the investment community to acquire information related to investment trends and markets.
- Primary responsibilities include running financial models as well as preparing Investment Summaries for senior management consideration.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or CFA designation (or in process) a positive
- 3-5 years of experience as a Real Estate Investment Analyst; institutional environment a positive
- Strong financial modeling including promoted waterfalls required
- Previous real estate development experience a strong plus
- Knowledge of design and construction a plus
- Advanced and diversified knowledge and experience with real estate analytics and general software including Excel, ARGUS, Word and PowerPoint
- Comprehensive knowledge of real estate investment matters, including leasing, development, operations and general finance
- Knowledge of the North American real estate markets
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
E EO is the Law I Family & Medical Leave I Employee Polygraph Protection I Right to Work I E-Verify I Pay Transparency