With a 50-plus year history of leadership, TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a global, $13 billion company that designs and manufactures over 500,000 products that connect and protect the flow of power and data inside the products that touch every aspect of our lives. Our nearly 100,000 employees partner with customers in virtually every industry—from consumer electronics, energy and healthcare, to automotive, aerospace and communication networks—enabling smarter, faster, better technologies to connect products to possibilities.
TE’s vision is: “Creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future.” This vision is driving us to build the kind of company that customers turn to first to meet their connectivity needs. We have made significant progress towards achieving our vision and strengthened our company to better serve our customers. Today, we have the broadest offering of highly engineered solutions in our industry. Our engineers work side-by-side with many of our customers, serving as an extension of their own product development organizations. Our supply chain is in closer proximity to our customers’ factories, allowing us to deliver faster with shorter lead times. Most importantly, no matter where our employees work in the company or their function, all of us are committed to providing our customers with an extraordinary experience that sets TE apart.
Our customers include automobile, telecommunication, computer, industrial, aerospace, and consumer products manufacturers that operate both globally and locally. Our customers also include contract manufacturers and third-party distributors. We serve customers in over 150 countries, and maintain a strong local presence in each of the geographic regions in which we operate.
TE sells directly to customers and through Channel Distribution partners around the globe. In the Channel business, we work closely with our partners to provide our end customers with our products and solutions across our various end markets.
One of the key functions within the Channel is the Business Development team, tasked to provide cross-functional Strategy and Business Development support across TE’s range of businesses. The Sr. Manager, Strategy & Business Development will be a key member of the group and actively lead projects for the team. The Sr. Manager will work closely with senior leaders and functional experts throughout the company to deliver immediate business impact through recommendations based on evaluation of analytical data obtained from a range of sources.
A key element of success for this role will be the ability to take a number of available, disparate data points and reports, analyze them for commonality, cause and effect, and key business indicators, and succinctly present them to the organization for the purpose of influencing behaviors and business decisions. In addition, critical thinking and continuously challenging existing practices to drive impactful business results is expected.
What you will be doing:
Depending on pipeline of projects, key responsibilities will include:
• Leadership and critical thinking on strategic initiatives such as go-to-market optimization and opportunity pipelines, third party partnerships and cost reduction
• Identification, evaluation, and negotiation of business development opportunities with internal stakeholders across the Channel organization, focusing particularly with the sales group as well as with representatives from other TE business units.
• Depending on the size of the assigned projects, the timeline and the involvement of business units, the individual will need to deliver results through a number of team configurations – from being the leader/mentor/coach to analysts, to serving as a team member for projects led by others, to being a subject matter expert/consultant on highly matrixed teams.
• Establish automated data and analytic reports that will enable others in the organization to evaluate their business and make decisions based on the available data.
• Support and thought leadership across different functions within the TE Channel team and other stakeholders regarding strategic decision making
• Enabling and providing clear and concise communications on strategic topics to senior leadership
• Evaluation of market data, competitive activities and sales activity and issue impactful recommendations for the Channel business
• Key projects may include the following:
o Leading outside-in discovery of product/ market opportunities and translating insights into execution in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
o Developing go-to-market strategies for key emerging markets and providing data-driven recommendations to enhance sales coverage
o Investigate new sales and fulfillment options, creating and driving pilots to test hypotheses
o Support enterprise-wide strategic initiatives to grow the longtail of customers
o Determine the role that acquisitions may have in driving our performance in the distribution channel
o Supporting and develop key sales & marketing initiatives with strategic distribution partners using data analytics and business frameworks to grow sales and serve end customers
o Working with Finance and Sales Operations to analyze key metrics and provide recommendations to reduce cost-to-serve
What your background should look like:
• Bachelors degree in Business, Science or Engineering from a leading institution; MBA preferred
• 2-3 years professional experience in consulting from a top tier consulting firm and/or internal corporate strategy/business development group in a corporation preferred.
• Additional 3+ years experience in other roles (e.g., sales, operations, business development) in a corporate environment
• Experience in leading strategic projects and delivering results in cross-departmental teams
• Solid understanding of and the ability to identify the key levers that create business value
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience in creating and delivering presentations and communicating ideas and plans to executives and sales teams
• Ability to influence others using data and analytics, presented in clear, concise method
• Willingness to coach and develop others
• Knowledge of TE processes and organizational structure helpful
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Willingness to travel to our business unit locations worldwide
• Industry knowledge and experience working with distributors (Business Development and onboarding) preferred
• Product management experience highly desired
• Foreign language skills a plus, but not required
The position can be home office based and we are flexible on location in the US.
Building Effective Teams
Managing and Measuring Work
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Generous 401(k) Plan
Benefits start on day one
Charity Donation Matching Program
Competitive Paid Time Off
Employee Resource Groups
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Healthcare for Associates and Families
Health and Wellness Incentives
Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.