Nestlé Health Science invests in every employee to make certain each person can reach their greatest potential and works in an environment rooted in respect, diversity and teamwork. We focus on empowering the patients and consumers we serve to live healthier lives through industry leading nutrition and nutrition-enabling solutions by keeping their needs at the center of everything we do. We make quality and innovation our highest priorities when delivering our trusted brands such as BOOST®, Carnation Breakfast Essential®, Peptamen®, Compleat Organic Blends®, Zenpep®, and many more.
We are a globally recognized leader in the field of nutrition science with our US headquarters in Bridgewater, NJ, and have over 5000 employees around the world. Come join the Nestlé Health Science family and experience exciting opportunities!
As a member of the Market Access Team, the Sr. Manager of Health Economics will be responsible for developing and executing the health economics strategy and plan for the Medical Nutrition & Consumer Care businesses of Nestlé Health Science in the US. Central to this role is the ability to demonstrate the value of products from an economic and health outcome perspective and help to shape the value story of our products and programs.
- Lead development of HEOR strategy for US Healthcare Nutrition business in collaboration with Market Access Lead & other functional business partners in support of business objectives
- Develop practical strategies and tactics to execute the HEOR strategy to maximize commercial success
- Identify HEOR evidence requirements and gaps for Nestlé Health Science strategic brands & programs
- Partner with Medical Affairs on the evidence development plan aligned to HE strategy aimed at ensuring differentiation for the purpose of value demonstration
- Responsible for technical health economics and health outcome including (but not limited to) cost effectiveness analysis and budget impact models as part of reimbursement dossiers and for the creation of value messages.
- Develop economic models & tools to support value demonstration and product differentiation across all customers
- Support new product development process to ensure health economics are incorporated into product development plans and timelines
- Collaborate with Marketing & Medical Affairs on the creation of compelling value propositions for strategic brands & programs
- Develop and deliver health economics training to internal partners to increase awareness and understanding of health economics
- Address Health Economic and Health Outcome request for support from external customers in collaboration with Field Force and Marketing
Key Relationships (Internal)
- Medical Affairs
- Sr. Management
- Global Market Access Team
Key Relationships (External)
- Homecare Companies
- Payers (Commercial and Government)
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, healthcare administration, health policy, public health, or similar discipline
- Minimum 5+ years’ work experience in health economics and/or outcomes research
- Strong communications skills and experience developing interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders across multiple functional areas
- Ability to present complex health economic information in a way that is easy to understand, credible, and engages the audience
- Proficient in economic evaluation of healthcare data
- Demonstrated experience leading functional and cross-functional project teams, either indirectly or directly.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. healthcare systems, payers and reimbursement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An advanced degree such as an MBA, MPH, MHA, MS, MSc in health policy, health economics, healthcare administration, health services research, public health or similar discipline is highly desired.
- Knowledge of health system and payer quality metrics, alternative payment models, and population health
- Solid understanding of coding, billing and claims processing systems at the National, Regional and State levels in the US.
- Experience working with health plans, managed care and/or physician group payers preferred. Experience in gaining payer coverage, coding and payment decisions and developing payer coverage policies
- Familiarity/experience working in medical nutrition industry
- This role is ideal for candidates who enjoy both strategy and execution.