The Senior Analyst of Marketplace Intelligence is responsible for supporting the overall agenda of CBI’s Marketplace Intelligence team, which supports the broader organization for TBA, Beer, Wine and Spirits reporting and analytics. The Senior Analyst is responsible for delivering a cadence of regular, on-going reporting across several internal and external data resources. Additionally, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for continuous improvement of current reporting suite, development of reports and integration of new resources and taking a more strategic role in addressing ad-hoc analysis and requests coming from key business partners. The Senior Analyst is proactive and collaborative, skilled technically, analytically, and interpersonally. This role reports directly to the Director, Marketplace Intelligence and is part of the CBI Growth Team.
Reporting & Analytics
- Design, update and maintain a series of standard, on-going reports to support an understanding of trends, marketplace performance and competitive context across the industry for Beer, Wine and Spirits.
- Develop well organized and insightful reports, dashboards and other forms of data visualizations to support strategic and operational business decisions.
- Penetrate new stakeholders across B/W/S commercial functions (including Category Leadership, Sales, and Marketing) to understand reporting/ad-hoc needs to deliver thoughtful and strategic analyses with key-takeaways and implications, design reporting and analysis with end-user in mind.
- Identify opportunities to simplify/streamline reporting within Polaris suite and across user groups.
- Deliver quad-week reporting via Beacon, Forum, and Lynx reporting.
- Identify data quality issues, and work with vendors to correct. Review new item reports to flag incorrect product coding prior to items entering database.
- Support cadence of regular quarterly reporting needs and ad-hoc analysis and requests from Investor Relations team, including but not limited to:
- Preparation for quarterly Earnings Calls and annual 10k/Annual Report
- Proactively look to build stories, industry-related, portfolio-related, etc.
- Act as an analytical resource for the division-based strategy and commercial teams, corporate teams, and broader growth team.
- Train to become an expert user of Polaris suite of reports.
- Explore and incorporate new datasets into Polaris platform. Coordinate efforts of both internal and external partners to source any needed data for ad-hoc analysis or reporting.
- Integrate insights from multiple datasets to tell a comprehensive and fluid story (e.g., IRI POS & household panel, on-premise, 3-tier eCommerce, direct-to-consumer, shopper/consumer behavior metrics, retail shelf space, etc.).
- Question data partners and trends to ensure data quality in reporting and consistency.
Industry Thought Leadership
- Work with Corporate Affairs to provide CBI data/insights to third party industry publications with context and growth narrative (e.g., Beer Business Daily, Wine & Spirits Daily, etc.).
- Work with the Marketplace Intelligence team to develop quarterly and/or annual white papers/reviews related to pertinent business topics, adding value to relevant organizational functions.
- Seek appropriate distributor/industry events to showcase insights.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- 5 years of experience and an analytic background is required.
- Proven desire and ability to think creatively coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to articulate the situation or need, strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Team player and proven ability to work with multiple constituents across the business.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, manage projects, and solid commercial and financial acumen.
- Must have ability to support multiple project initiatives.
- Strong PC skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Successful candidate will be a very motivated self-starter and be able to work without daily guidance.
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting data from syndicated sources such as IRI or Nielsen Scan & Household Panel is preferred.
- Knowledge of the multiple datasets and insight vendors within the beverage alcohol category (scan, depletion, pricing, promotional, etc.), is preferred.
- MBA preferred
- Beverage Alcohol or CPG Industry experience
- Knowledge of the Three-Tier System
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Physical Requirements: Requires the ability to stand, walk, climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. It also requires sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment, reading, talking and hearing for extended periods of time.
- Travel Required: Must be flexible in work style and schedule: travel up to 10%.
Victor, New York
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).