SR Product Manager
Date: Mar 15, 2021
San Jose, CA, US, 95134
Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
CDK is looking for a Product Manager who has successfully developed and executed product roadmaps for APIs and application marketplace platforms in a large enterprise software companies. Leveraging technical, analytical, process and leadership skills, this role will drive the next generation automotive digital transformation. The Fortellis platform is a new innovation in automotive, delivering a modern, API-driven commerce exchange for dealers, auto manufacturers, and application providers. Fortellis is revolutionizing how the industry accelerates digital transformation and seamlessly create and implement products that improve business processes.
The ideal candidate for this role has a background in Agile product management, building and scaling developer platforms or creating software marketplaces, strong technical and product acumen, and ability to work in a dynamic and innovative environment.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
Define requirements, roadmap, and processes for a developer/API platform and marketplace used by CDK, partners, and dealers to publish and subscribe APIs and create new applications using those APIs.
Leverage your deep market and technical knowledge of developer/API platforms and marketplaces to partner with R&D to build and then create new offers to market. This role also works closely with auto and parts manufacturers (OEMs), 3rdparty software providers, and dealers to gather requirements.
Bring your product management expertise in an Agile environment to incubate new innovation. This role requires collaborating cross-functionally with sales and marketing to gain market, competitive, and customer insights and translate that into outcomes that drive unique value proposition, differentiation, and market share growth.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years in product management in an Agile software environment with specific experience in building the roadmaps, writing user stories, and working closely with engineering for developer/application platforms or software marketplaces. Automotive and/or retail experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in developing applications using APIs with strong knowledge of software development lifecycle is preferred
- Strong cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills
- Proven track record in incubating new product innovations with strong customer and market feedback into a highly matrixed Agile development environment.
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication/presentation skills.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, with drive to deliver high impact results
- Must have minimum 3 years Agile Scrum based product management experience and Scrum Alliance Product Owner certification is preferred.
- BA/BS required, in Computer Science or related technical degree preferred, MBA desirable. Pragmatic Institute certification highly desirable.
- Curiosity and data-driven approach to understanding new market dynamics and fostering a learning organization that can capitalize on new insights to deliver fast innovations to market.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Computer Science, Product Manager, Senior Product Manager, Marketing, Sales, Technology, Operations