Full Job Description
The Staff Auditor participates in and contributes to internal control audits covering 70+ business units of the company. Under the guidance of department Audit Leads, he/she conducts risk assessments, performs detailed audit testing, and communicates audit results and recommendations to Management, ensuring the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
Internal Audits and Risk Assessment:
- Conduct audits (operational, compliance, internal controls, financial) at operating business units and at the corporate headquarters; participate in all phases, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and follow up
- Prepare and present audit results and applicable recommendations for review by Management
- Ensure work papers to support fieldwork are complete, adequate, and full documented
- Support enterprise-wide and business unit focused risk assessments for use in audit planning purposes
- Assist in the maintenance of the Company’s SOX internal controls framework
- Provide business partners timely guidance and feedback on effective internal control practices
Assist external auditors on site:
- Perform quarterly and/or year-end audit procedures following external auditor programs, such as Direct Assist or other protocols
Participate in special projects as assigned:
Investigations, due diligence, corporate program reviews
Continue to increase professional knowledge by keeping current with developments in the practice of Accounting and Auditing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA (active license) and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of corporate and/or public accounting experience; manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and contribute to an audit process
- Depth of knowledge in operational accounting, accounting principles, integrated information systems, internal controls, and the requirements of SEC and SOX compliance
- Ability to interpret and apply technical principles and compliance requirements.
- Ability to effectively write business correspondences and reports and to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and accounting/finance personnel at the Business Unit and Corporate levels.
- Planned travel (domestic/international) estimated at 30% once COVID restrictions are lifted.