Provides support in the daily post-award research administration business processes within Research Finance, assists with financial management of awarded projects including financial reporting to both internal and external sources and works closely with Grants and Contract staff in serving principal investigators and maintaining regulatory and policy compliance.
1. Supports the post-award functions such as financial report review; cost transfer review; requisition review; salary allocation review; budget tracking; post-award data management; and sub-recipient monitoring procedures.
2. Participates in the establishment and maintenance of necessary policies and procedures and internal controls in order to facilitate compliance (post-award).
3. Prepares monthly invoices and sponsor billings, as well as monthly cash draws from the Federal Payment Management System.
4. Prepares and distributes internal monthly financial reports.
5. Establishes and maintains positive relationship of trust and integrity with grant personnel and Principal Investigators.
6. Manages and maintains positive relationships with the federal grant and other sponsoring agencies.
7. Prepares annual federal financial reports
8. Assists with the annual A-133 Audit.
9. Participates in the review, implementation and maintenance of grant accounting software.
10. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü Bachelor’s degree in related field and three (3) years of relevant finance or accounting experience required.
ü Must have a fundamental knowledge of accounting/finance and be very detail-oriented.
ü A strong working knowledge of business software applications required.
ü Must be organized, self-motivated and capable of working independently to research and solve problems, yet also function effectively as a team member.
ü Must be able to function under time pressure and meet deadlines.
ü MBA preferred