Nestlé Coffee Partners (NCP) is on a mission to elevate how our consumers experience coffee and tea. With brands like Starbucks, Nescafe, Chameleon, and Teavana, our diverse product portfolio is brimming with rich and fulfilling opportunities for motivated individuals passionate about sharing their love of coffee and the moments it creates. Our Seattle office provides an inspiring and high-energy work environment that fuels our fast-paced growth, and our flexible, field-based positions across the country ensure that we are fully immersed and positioned to pioneer the coffee market. Across our organization, we are creating a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Together, we will brew remarkable things!
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Nestlé Coffee Partners’ success by supporting the Starbucks brand presence and growth online. As an Associate, Brand Marketing, you will get to support strategy development by leading analytics and insights, commercialize new items and drive innovation for e-commerce, and execute integrated national marketing communications that support the e-commerce business. You will also own the brand experience for the Starbucks Coffee at Home website and project manage new content development for eRetail partners.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Provides input into strategic plans for the e-commerce business.
– Analyzes, synthesizes, and crafts compelling stories from data by merging trends from research with fact-based business insights to arrive at strategic recommendations.
– Drives business optimization by analyzing the product portfolio and performance and providing meaningful action plans to grow the top line and bottom line.
• Crafts the business case for new products to support growth and profitability targets by working cross-functionally to make recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, and packaging.
• Supports qualitative and quantitative research to develop key findings and create recommended action plans.
Marketing & Promotions:
• Owns the brand experience for the Starbucks Coffee at Home (CAH) website.
– Draws insight and drives action for optimization coming from quarterly analytics reviews.
– Develops and delivers content strategy, including creative asset development, to drive SEO performance and optimization.
– Leads programs to drive Ratings & Reviews improvements (quantity and quality) as needed.
• Owns brand oversight and project manages new Starbucks content development for eRetailer partners; aligns key stakeholders, partners with cross-functional team, briefs agency partners, manages development process and leads reviews/approvals process.
• Executes integrated marketing plans for brand’s online initiatives. Provides input to recommendations regarding marketing plan objectives, strategy, messaging, marketing mix, and tactics.
• Tracks marketing budgets, timelines, and processes from kickoff to execution and ensures effective and timely development and execution of programs.
• Contributes to consumer positioning, creative brief development, and supports all-agency creative briefing. Evaluates creative concepts and effectively provides creative feedback to internal and external agencies.
• Leads cross-functional teams and timelines to develop new products (new to online, new to consumer, custom needs for expanded distribution), from concept to commercialization.
• Contributes to the innovation strategy reflecting competitive and consumer trends and market needs.
• May assist in creation and maintenance of platform/product positioning and guardrails.
• Monitors the marketplace for new product innovations, competitors, lifestyle trends and emerging technologies.
Summary of Experience:
• At least 3+ years of progressive experience in product or brand management
• Experience in a role supporting marketing, brand management or product management and leading the development of new/existing products or strategies from conception to implementation
• 1+ years of experience in a professional role managing a budget
• Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of US military experience required
• Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, MBA preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to tolerate (and thrive) in ambiguity
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.