The firm is looking for a State & Local Tax (SALT) Senior Associate to join our SALT Income Franchise practice. This is a quickly growing group for our firm and will present advancement opportunities for a growth minded candidate with leadership abilities.
- Delivery of profitable SALT services to our clients that appropriately utilize firm and client resources.
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value.
- The primary focus of this position will be state income and franchise taxes, but there will be regular exposure to sales and use taxes, gross receipts taxes, employment taxes, credits and incentives, and due diligence reviews.
- Research and resolve technical state and local tax issues.
- Prepare technical memoranda, matrices and other client deliverables.
- Manage tax assignments and related projects.
- Plan and coordinate the flow of information with the client.
- Review work papers and state tax returns.
- Participate in the billing and collection process.
- Expected to recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients, marketing technical specialty or expertise to clients.
- Basic Qualifications:
- 2+ years of state and local tax experience, in a public accounting firm, a corporate tax department, or a law firm
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Knowledge of a broad range of state and local tax matters in various industries
- Able to manage multiple engagements
- Excellent research and writing skills
- CPA, Masters of Accounting, MBA, or LLM in Taxation
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.