Full Job Description
- Facilitate development of the company’s 3-5 year priorities and annual strategic plans by partnering closely with the Strategy Team and sharing unique business insights derived from external research and internal, cross-functional work. Partner with business leaders to develop, organize, document and enact the plans (including timelines and resource requirements) and measure/track progress relative to goals. This includes planning, organizing, and leading the Annual Strategic Planning Session as well as monthly full-day Strategic Planning Sessions with the Strategy Team, and fully participating with an equal voice.
- Lead and engage with cross-functional project teams to bring innovative business growth opportunities to life. Manage a pipeline of growth opportunities by connecting internal partners as necessary and providing initial assessment of new opportunities that arise.
- Research and seek out external strategic partnerships to develop new business opportunities that support our company’s strategic pillars and growth goals.
- Recommend, organize and facilitate content and speakers for all weekly Strategy Team strategic discussions based on the Strategic Planning calendar (which is maintained by this role), as well as emerging needs.
- Provide financial analysis on ad hoc projects.
- Oversee the Tell Todd program and tie it into the Strategy & Business Development department’s mission to bring innovative growth opportunities to life.
- Required Education : Bachelor’s Degree
- Other Requirements : Some previous financial analysis experience is required. Previous Strategy experience is a plus, but not required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum Years of Experience : Minimum of 3 years business experience required, preferably in a Finance or Strategy role.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Financial and accounting knowledge
- Computer knowledge (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, MS Word, Excel, PPT)
- Knowledge of supermarket / retail industry
Skills & Abilities
- Ability and commitment to build powerful partnerships at all levels
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including willingness and skill in straight talk with all levels in the organization as well as executive level presentations
- Ability to think and plan strategically, with a vision aligned with company priorities and industry trends
- Superior project management skills
- Superior financial and analytical expertise
FORMAL POLICY SETTING
- Makes recommendations to management
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Primarily sitting
- Primarily sitting
- Up to 25 lbs.
- Work environment is office-based with much time spent in meetings, strategic planning sessions, or working on computer. Some regional travel may be required for business development work.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Additional Requirements – Internal candidates:
- Store/Facility Teammates: minimum of six months employment with Schnucks.
- Store Support Center Teammates: minimum of one year employment with Schnucks.
- Must be in good standing (not on a performance improvement plan or active discipline).
- If invited for an interview, must have manager approval based on performance.
Schnucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.