As the General Accounting Supervisor, you will be a key finance position reporting to the Manager, General Accounting. The position is responsible for the supervision of general accountants in achieving the goals and objectives of the department and oversight of journal entries, reconciliation of account balances, and financial statement analysis. In addition, the position will lead and supervise team members throughout the year on key projects.
- Review and approval of journal entries, ensuring the integrity of accounting records for completeness and accuracy
- Review and timely approval of account reconciliations
- Preparation of journal entries and account reconciliation for more complex accounting areas
- Analysis of balance sheet, profit and loss and cash flow statements
- Development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures under the direction of manager
- Standardization and simplification of accounting processes and transactions
- Develop detailed knowledge of multiple accounting systems (HFM, Oracle EBS, Friedman)
- Preparation of annual budget and forecast for assigned accounts, including variance analysis
- Maintains financial integrity by following internal controls
- Maintains professional and technical accounting knowledge through appropriate training and education
- Recruits and hires staff and performs performance evaluations
- Completion of reports, analysis, and other projects, as needed
Characteristics & Attributes
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application of US GAAP and accounting acumen, including multiple currencies, intercompany and consolidations
- Ability to learn multiple accounting systems and guide team members in effective and efficient use of systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and team members in an efficient manner
- Demonstrates the MasterBrand Way, positioning the company for growth and helping identify opportunities to reduce waste, complexity, and improve our work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA / MBA preferred
- 3-5 years accounting experience, including supervisory experience
- Intermediate or Advanced Excel skills
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. offers a wide spectrum of cabinetry products designed to satisfy every budget and lifestyle. With a large North America footprint and diverse team of nearly 13,000 employees, we help people fulfill their dreams of a comfortable, inviting home through innovations in fashion and functionality that bring family and friends together. We invite you to visit www.masterbrand.com to learn more about how we build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.