The Tax Accountant is responsible for the preparation of tax data elements incorporated into the compliance and other tax processes; reconciles tax account transactions and helps maintain the tax software systems; reviews fixed asset transactions for incorporation into tax processes; collects data from various sources to populate Thomson Reuters Tax Compliance Modules (OneSource Indirect Tax Engine, Certificate Manager, OneSource Provision, and Domestic Compliance); actively engages in creating efficient tax business processes through continuous improvement; manages and maintains sophisticated excel and access workbooks to support compliance processes.
- Prepares tax data incorporated into the US tax returns, assists with implementing tax law changes; facilitates information gathering and responses to tax authority inquiries, and the maintenance of documentation; captures and manipulates data related to state tax apportionment.
- Prepares tax account activity to ensure compliance with Corporate policies and procedures; reconciles tax accounts and liaises with controllers on identified issues; prepares tax account journal entries;
- Prepares business license returns and applications
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 0-5 years tax experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- At Matthews International, we believe in a world of inspired possibilities. We believe that taking pride in our past inspires growth for the future. And that we all have a responsibility to explore new ways of thinking, working and advancing our craft.
Globally headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Matthews International is home to a global network of employees operating in three distinct industries—SGK Brand Solutions, Memorialization and Industrial Technologies. We care deeply about what they do each day—because when we’re inspired, we can inspire others. We can make difference that goes beyond expectations—for our clients, our community and our company.
Our dedication, drive and determination empower creativity and give us strength to transform inspired possibilities into inspiring realities. This is strengthened by our values which are fundamental to our business and guide how we work—to demonstrate integrity, cultivate employees, be our best, innovate and live the Matthews spirit.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.