As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Be hands-on with describing business rules as technical artifacts for analysts, business product managers, and any functional team that depends on this information
- Define business rules in a proprietary tool using a proprietary language, perform unit tests, resolve bugs and be responsible for the delivery of the project to production
- Be comfortable looking at system logs when needed and identifying bugs when they might appear during course of analysis
- Discuss technical implementation details with architects and other technical teams
- Partner with card acquirers, banks, and other strategic partners to enable payment processing which facilitates our global footprint expansion
- Collaborate with engineering teams to build robust, reliable, and scalable payment processing platforms
- Synthesize requirements into a common set of platform and services capabilities
- Candidates will be responsible for value proposition definition, communications across technical, business and product functions, cost/benefit analysis, and executive presentations
- Partner with business operations and analytics team to build right monitoring capabilities and metrics which helps monitor the health of the platform and facilitates data driven decision making
- Define product requirements which involve writing clear, thorough, and detailed user stories for complex features and product sets
- Be the primary liaison between business units, business product managers, engineering, and other applicable groups to ensure flawless integration of new and existing feature sets
- Participate in daily scrum meetings for the teams executing on projects being driven
- Work very closely with development and QA organization to ensure technical specifications and final product meet business requirements
- Highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts across functions
- Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with long-term vision in mind and can be launched globally with minimal tweaks
- Work closely with senior leadership providing status, action plan and recommendations
- Perform Go-To-Market activities by working closely with program management, BU product managers, other product teams, finance, operations, legal, compliance, user experience and external partners as required
- 4 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or 2 years of experience with an advanced degree (e.g., MS, MBA)
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in the product management or system analysis role
- Creative spark – in product innovation, product management, and finding ways to get things done
- Analytical skills – secure and compare information from various sources to prioritize features
- Have a keen interest in driving market and product decisions using data driven techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a flair for getting people excited
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple parties to deliver a product
- Have a working knowledge about Agile development methodologies
- Desire and aptitude to be very hands-on with data and reporting
- Team player who takes initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables
- Ability to work as an effective leader, possess strong influencing and negotiation skills to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Financial services/payments, ecommerce, and mobile commerce industry experience a strong plus
- Experience working with software engineers and software architects on a product designed to handle millions of daily users is a strong plus
- Candidates with Product Management, Computer Science, Test Engineering, or Software Engineering experience are preferred
Varies upon the needs of the department
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.